Trust

Hiccup walks through the forest tracing the steps he took before and remembering the way the night fury and Merida flew.

Merida was sitting down at the edge of the pond. Knees pulled to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. She had no idea what to do to, how to fix the rope burn, best thing to use was ice, but who in the world could make ice in summer? It was her problem to fix because she caused it. It was her fault.

You okay?

Merida looks towards the night fury as he peeks under her dragon wing she was using to cover herself with. Oh, yeah, did she mention she could understand dragons? That's what happens when you're a half-dragon.

"I'm fine, just worried about Seyphir, he has rope burn on his tounge, I don't know what to do." Merida explains worriedly. 

I'm sorry, I've never had this "rope burn" before

"I understand." Merida said as she scratches the dragons chin and he runs off. She dips the tip of her tail in the pool, swaying it side to side softly. She then hears the dragon growl and the sound of footsteps. She lifts down her right wing and sees the viking. Oh great, just great. First pup got rope burn, now the viking that nobody likes is here.

Merida sniffs the air, she then looks at Hiccup, now revealing her entire face. He was holding up a raw fish, sure Merida liked her fish well done, but a raw fish every other day wouldn't hurt.

The night fury hesitantly walked up to Hiccup as he held out the raw fish. His back arching like a sacred yet defensive cat. But, he backs up and his pupils contract. Hiccup looks confused and looks around worriedly.

"You have a knife you idiot, dragons can sense that. It sets them off, like any other animal." Merida points at Hiccup as she explains. He then looks at the knife by his side. He takes it out and drops it. The fury growls in response. Hiccup then picks it up with his foot and throws it into the pond.

The night fury then continued walking towards him

As he goes for the fish he opens his mouth with only visible gum.

"Toothless, I coulda sworn you had teet-" Before Hiccup finishes the dragon's teeth retract and he snatches the fish. Taking multiple bites and then swallowing it whole. He then looks back at Hiccup and his eyes dilate and then contract as he moves closer. Hiccup backing up with each step and then falling to the ground as his back hits a rock.

"No, no, no, i don't have anymore," Hiccup exclaimed.

The night fury then arches his back as it looks like he's throwing something up. He then regurgitates a half eaten fish onto Hiccup's lap. He groans and gags.

"It is an honor to have a dragon give you their lunch, it signals trust and comfort. No wonder we don't like you vikings." Merida mutters loud enough for Hiccup to hear. He looks up at the night fury as it waits for him to eat it.

Hiccup takes a deep breath before taking a big bite out of the fish. It takes a moment for him to swallow as he throws it back up and then swallows it back down with a gag.

As Hiccup smiles the night fury tries to mimic his smile. Merida giggles and snorts as she watches what's happening. Hiccup then reaches his hand out to the dragon but he runs away. Trying to fly but fails and ends up landing and burning a semi-circle, then laying down.

Hiccup then walks over to the dragon, walking past Merida but then walking backwards, stopping beside her.

"Go away," Merida said, pushing Hiccup away with her tail.