Deathsong

"Ok, bud, go ahead."

Toothless lights up the dragon eye, showing the map on the wall.

"Woah."

"Amazing."

"Cool."

"Definitely worth getting up for."

"Fishlegs, can you make any of it out?" Hiccup asked.

"There are parts of maps and symbols, nothing I've seen before. And there's writing, but it's in a language I've never read before." Fishlegs examined the map.

"What's that thing?" Snotlout points at the fist.

"Must be some kind of tribal crest or something." Hiccup answered.

"Ooh, I like that way better than our tribal crest." Tuffnut added.

"Tuff, we don't have a tribal crest. What are ya on about?" Merida looks at him confused.

"Well, it should." Ruffnut said.

"Yeah, and it should be that." Tuffnut points at the fist.

"Hiccup, this map, you realize it.." Fishlegs starts.

"Goes beyond the boundaries of the archipelago. Oh I know." Merida perks up at what Hiccup said. The gang glances at each other in shock.

"So, what's our next move?" Astrid asked.

...

"Look at this! These are maps we have never seen, writing we can't read, dragon we don't recognize. It's— it's incredible! This dragon eye— This is proof that there is a whole other world out there, a world that must be explored." Hiccup explains to the group of adults sitting at the table.

"This sure beat normal council business." Gobber added.

"It's all right, lads. You can speak your mind. We're a council, after all. That's why we're here." Stoick said.

"We've been at peace for three years. Best years in Berk I can remember. I think you know as well as I do that when you go looking for trouble, you usually find it." Spitelout states.

"I'm with Spitelout. If that Dragon Eye leads to unknown places and new wild dragons, then no good will come from any of that." Sven agrees.

"I completely disagree, Sven. Look around you. How can you say that no hood can come from discovering new species of dragons? If they're out there, we have to find them." Hiccup argues.

"If there's anything you and the other riders should be doing, it's hunting down Dagur and putting him back in jail where he belongs." Spitelout states.

"Another reason to go is because-"

"Because Dagur is outside, beyond our borders." Merida finished for Hiccup, walking and standing beside him.

"Now, see, I have no right to talk, considering my position, so please, excuse me this one time. But think, a criminal like Dagur would not stay in our borders, knowing how quick we can find him." Merida explains.

"He may be crazy, but he's smart. And consider all the dragon we can learn about, we could learn so many things that others don't know. It could be our advantage." Merida put her hands on her hips proudly.

"Exactly. Dagur thinks we won't go past them. But that's where we'll find him." Hiccup added.

"Stoick, any time you'd like to chime in, we can put this thing to rest." Spitelout confidently crosses his arms.

"You're right, Spitelout. Let's put this to rest." Stoick agrees.

"Dad."

"Let me speak, son. This is as important for you to hear as it is then. Spitelout, you're absolutely right. These have been some of our best years. Nothing is more important than peace, peace among us, peace with our neighbours, and peace with our dragons." Hiccup sighs and begins walking away, but Merida pulls him back with her tail.