1: Important Date

AN: This is my first fanfic about the Avengers. I am REALLY sorry if I just get anything wrong and you can gladly give me constructive criticism. None of this stuff is owned by me except Evelyn. Btw she can look like whatever you want but I'll give you a pic if you can't think of anything. Sorry that this first chapter is so short but I felt as if that was the perfect place to end it. This also takes place in the first movie. I'll try to update as much as possible if people like it. Happy reading!
----------------------------------------------

-Evelyn Watson-

"Damn it..." I start walking faster into the huge complex. Stupid traffic, thanks to you now I'm running late. I look back to see my other co-worker trailing behind me. I never should have suggested to stop at Starbucks. Fury is going to kill me.

Hi, I'm Evelyn, but most people call me Eve. I work at the SHIELD agency as a secretary, usually dealing with regular desk work and sometimes a few missions. Agent Fury told me that today's meeting was especially important, and that it was crucial that me and my co-worker Diane wouldn't be late.

Fury and I for the past few years had been working on a project called The Avengers. Why he picked me, I still can't figure it out. He always said he had this "vibe" about me. That I was going to go far. Anyway, the plan is mighty and able to stop any problem that no one else can fix.

That is, if it works.

This project was to put together the worlds greatest superheroes and have them work as a team. Fury thinks its full proof, while I'm not completely sure. I've hinted at my opinion on the whole thing, but none the less have worked to progress it greatly.

"I still wonder what he really has cooking in his head this time..." I think to myself, entering the meeting room, a slightly pissed Fury in my midst.

Just Fury.

Usually there would be others who are working on this such as Agent Hill and Coulson, but as I look around the room, they aren't here at all.

"6 minutes late, Agent Watson." I sigh and fiddle with my hands lightly. I look to Diane, a smile on her face. She goes next to me as I stare at her for the rest of the meeting.

Which was particularly short. I stole glances at Fury from his obscureness and how vague he was during this "meeting".

"I have compiled all our work together, Agent. Have you been keeping up with the news lately?" I shake my head no. Usually I do but these past few days have been too hectic. I've had barely any time to even chat with any of my friends or watch tv to keep myself updated. My heads been in piles of important files.

"What do you mean Director?" I gave him a questionable look. His eyes turned to Diane and he replied.

"Why don't you take a peek for yourself?"

He always had to be so difficult. He turned on his heel, a sign that pretty much said "Follow me." I rose from my seat, grabbing my papers and accompanied him. He takes us to the elevator, pressing the button for the highest floor. Wait a minute, nothing is on the top floor so that you can just go up to the roof where our small helicopters can land. I turned to eye him once again. He formed his pointer and thumb into the shape of an o, making the "ok" sign. He does this to me a lot. As we arrive at the last floor and go up the stairs, theres a small helicopter waiting for us.

"Climb in, Agent." He ordered. I did as asked, Diane sitting right next to me as we both strap ourselves in. Fury does the same on the other side of us.

"Ok Director, enough beating around the bush. Where the hell are we going?" I wish he would just tell me already.

"We're gathering the team." My eyes slightly widened. He gathered everyone? What's going on? Just by the look of my face is how Fury can understand what I'm thinking.

"Have you ever heard of the place called Asgard? I nodded. That was in...which folder? I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in an article about a man with long hair...His clothes were weird as well. What was his name again?

"Then you know who Loki is." I shake my head at that. Fury then explains; The Tessaracts unstable form and how it was stolen, how agent Barton and many others are now under his control, and now the hunt to find Loki. I watched him intently. Even though our plan was turned down many times, it seems that something has been initiated anyway.

"So, now our plan has started?"

"Yes, and it will go smoothly."

He did not.

"You started it...without even going to me and telling me before you did?!"

I worked so hard on that and he just goes and does it without even a THOUGHT of asking me for any kind of an ok, hell, a heads up would have been fine. I turned my head away from his gaze, a glowered look taking over.

Diane looked to me, but she knew not to even bother. Fury on the other hand didn't even care that I had an outburst.

"This is going to be a long ride."