17: Risk

-Evelyn Watson...Runa...-

"Since when were you able to do that?!" Captain Rogers shouted, wide eyed. I laughed as I flew beside him.

"I only learned about this a couple hours ago. It's still sinking in." Loki's fleet of allies destroys everything around. The Captain lands on a bus, jumping once more to another car, but not for long. The car flips as he makes a another daring leap, safely rolling onto the pavement. I hover over straight to him.

"You alright?" He nods. He turns to me, still shocked by my levitating self. The both of us look out to the civilians and police force that were both escaping and attempting to fight back this whole mess. Theres no time to waste.

The Captain starts sprinting towards them, running and jumping up on obstacles while getting rid of a few rivals along the way. Whats he cooking up in his head? I guess I'm going to find out. He jumps, landing on one knee onto a taxi, creating a metallic thud around him. The two police officers are startled, staring at the red, white, and blue. I easily catch up to him, their eyes practically bulging out. Man, I'm never going to get tired of that kind of reaction for a long time.

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they could be running right into the line of fire. You take them into the basement, or through the subways so that they're off the streets. I need a perimeter...as far back as 49th street." His hand signals and tone of voice are incredibly distressed. After his hefty set of orders, he turns to me.

"Anything you want to add?" I didn't mean to read his mind like that. Maybe theres some kind of off switch...hopefully. I nod to acknowledge him.

"Theres no use in shooting upward to the drones. Have your best focus on the grounded enemies. We'll handle the rest." The larger one puffs up his chest a little. Oh man, from what he's thinking, this is going to be good.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you two?"

The line of fire that banks in from a nearby street creates more wreckage behind us, and a drone drops off a squad of aliens right where we are. I stab the one nearest to me in the chest, turning my large dagger to do some damage. Another one flies in to kick me but I send one of my smaller knives in through his leg to immobilize him with the flick of my wrists. I take out my gun and shoot for the heart. I look back and the Captain has also done the same, my gaze turning now to the police officer. He doesn't respond when he shows us his back, speaking into his radio our exact orders. We both turn to each other and smile.

Is this what it feels like to be a...superhero?

"You know, we make a pretty good team." I chuckle.

"Should I take "pretty good" as a compliment?" He grins.

"Cap, I got the attention of one of these things." Rogers comm goes off, a familiar voice piping up.

"Are you asking for help?"

"Not really my message, but eh, what the hell. If you can, that would be spectacular. Have you seen Banner yet?"

"Banner?" Theres a pause.

"Just keep me posted. Anyway, I gotta go." There's a little struggle before he leaves the line.

"I feel bad for doing this Cap...but I'm positive you can handle what's going on here.

"Its alright agent. You do what your gut is telling you. And...I'm guessing its telling you to help out that son of a gun." A bright smile appears on my face. Seriously, how could anyone not like this guy? I wave him off with a small salute using my pointer and index finger, and take to the skies. Through my peripheral vision I can see a quite a few aliens, and decide to knock a few out while I'm at it. After a few minutes, I can see the colossal creature up close.

Its armor is visually like an exoskeleton, a number of parts that are all connected. Spikes protrude from its back, and it even holds pods of our enemy, discharging them on the sides of skyscrapers and the like. A slightly roughed up Stark is looking like he's doing his best to keep the thing on his tracks, but its gaining. I try to communicate to him, but a razor-sharp noise is sent to me, dulling my senses and giving me an awful pain in my head. Ouch. Quickly recovering, I zoom in close to him, calling out as loud as I can.

"Need a hand?" He doesn't blink twice, only responding with a nod.

"I'm gonna trust you to steer this guy right where you want him. I'll check out the outside for any weaknesses."

"Sounds good to me." Really, nothing? Well, he's Tony Stark. And already met the unthinkable. Oh, scratch that. Two unthinkables. Not to mention that he's a cocky bastard. I make an abrupt left turn and scan his outside, absorbing all of what it has to offer. So far, this thing looks like its covered from head to toe. I shake my head.

"Maybe I'm not looking hard enough." I think to myself. I take in a deep breath. Slowly, I descend and turn so I'm under it, rotating myself so I could see.

The backside is very well protected as well. However, a little hole is just barely visible, showing exposed skin. Perfect. I go as fast as I possibly can back to Stark, but he looks incredibly busy as he tries to turn and keep this guy following him. I can't think of anything to help him.

"I need you to do something really important." I turn to him.

"Um, yes?"

"I have a feeling this guy is gonna get bored pretty soon. He has no other incentive other than "Ooh shiny object!" You know what I mean?" I questionably agree with him.

"So could you maybe...find a way to hurt him?" I blankly stare at his mask.
"If you say no, I'll totally understand. Just remember that if he stops than I am 120% blaming it on you." Hes such a child.

"I'm already in the middle of an alien invasion. What have I got to lose?" I can feel him grin from the inside of his mask.

"I knew there was something in you kid."

------------------------------------------------
AN: This chapter is both sucky and late. I apologize. School really gets in the way of my hobbies and it kills me. Anyway, this whole alien invasion scene is soooo not accurate to the movie, event wise. I'm gonna switch a few things here, add some stuff, and leave out anything thats not too important. I'm again sorry if this bothers you. But, theres nothing I can really do about it. I can't remember every single second, though I try my very best. Well, here you go and as always, happy reading!