30: Of the End

-Amelie Watson-

*Ring ring*

"I got it!" I shouted. I was the closest anyway. I picked up the home phone, putting it up against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amy."

"Ooh, a visit and a phone call? Your getting real in touch with us lately." I heard her chuckle on the other end.

"Are you guys busy?" There was a tinge of nervousness in her voice.

"No, its the weekend. We almost never do anything on the weekends. Though, I do have that English essay..."

"Right, but you can put that off for now. I'm gonna text you an address. I need all of you to be there by at least noon." A send of urgency...huh.

"Um, sure. I'll tell mom and dad. Whats going on?"

"Amy...I'm leaving today." If she saw my expression, she wouldn't have had the heart to go.

"Oh. Why so quickly?" I take a seat at the table, clutching the bottom of it tightly.

"Thor has to take care of his business with his father about Loki and also restore order to the realms. Its a project hes been working on for a while." This Thor guy. Hes super special to Eve...I guess.

"Ooh. Other worldly stuff. Pretty interesting. Tell me all about it when you get back." Another laugh.

"I promise. Well, you guys better get ready to go soon, it'll be a long ride from there."

"Oh. Yeah. Right. See ya later." I reluctantly hung up on her. That was my second to last conversation with Eve.

"Oh, stop making this all sentimental Amy. Its for the best. You convinced her to do this." I hit myself in the head lightly, and drag my feet to tell my parents the somewhat good news.

*Time Skip* -Amelie Watson-

Mom parked the car a few blocks away from where Eve wanted us to be. She probably wants to take her time getting up there. Once dad shut the engine off, mom made no intention of moving, gazing in the distance. I slouched in my seat. This was gonna take a while.

"Kate, you can stay in the car if you really would like to." She turns to him, almost in anger.

"You think that I would miss something like this? Of course not! I am...preparing myself. Thats all." Mom unbuckles her seatbelt and we all simultaneously start moving. I look around while walking down the sidewalk, this place is pretty nice. These "Avenger" people picked out a nice spot.

A beautiful park for all. A mix of brick and paved roads was pretty to look at, along with the heavily worked on fountains that adorned the pond off to the side. That especially is a nice touch. The three of us walk up a bridge, seeing a small yet daunting force.

I knew all their faces from the tv. I'd never expected to meet them. Eve should've told me to dress nicer. They all were looking pretty good. Including Eve. She had a small bag in hand, conversing and laughing with her new friends. Soon she notices the three of us, giving a smile and waving to come closer. I didn't notice that I had stopped walking.

"Hope you guys don't mind that I invited my family to, well, watch me go."

"Not at all kiddo. Very appropriate." He extends a hand to first my mom, dad, then me. "You probably already know my name but, I'll introduce myself. Tony Stark."

"Thats sweet of you." The girl nods to all of us. "You can call me Natasha."

"I'm Clint." He just greets us, first in person, then with sign language. I laugh. Eve must've been ecstatic when she met him.