2: Missing Detail

-Evelyn Watson-

Fury didn't say a word to me for most of the flight. Diane gave me looks and I made small hand gestures in reply, not wanting Fury to know. I took a peek out the window, and in the distance there was a huge ship. I turn to Fury and he happened to have his head in the same direction.

"Director, is this what I think it is?" He gives me a simple yes.

The helicarrier. This both airplane and ship is so massive, and unlike anything we've ever thought up before. I remember seeing blue prints for this very long ago, but I never knew it would be like this. I go back to
examine the vessel, now that we were much closer.

A huge landing area for any kind of plane. There were many people I could see strapping down the other parked helicopters. Before I could even notice anything else, I feel our own helicopter descending to a landing space. As it reaches the ground I could feel it tip back and forth just a little. I undo all the belts on me and carefully step off the helicopter onto the ship. All the jitters I got from the ride disappeared when I took in my surroundings. The fact that were this far in technology is breathtaking. Or maybe I've always been fascinated with these types of things.

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers, and Dr. Banner will be here shortly Agent Watson. Follow me." I slowly walk a few paces behind him as he leads me to the command center. I look down on the many people going about their business just to simply keep this vessel operating. I look at all the agents, turning to also see Fury beside me. I give him a warm smile as they make the preparations for this machine to become airborne. As this is happening I see one more helicopter dock on the platform as well.

"Who is that?" I look to Diane. They were too far away to even make out any kind of face.

"Those, are the recruits you interviewed. Well, two of them. Did you ever get to Banner?"

"No, the Director told me that it was best to keep our distance from him till the last moment." The two men go off to the edge of the ship. I follow their gaze to see one of the four rotors rise from the sea. Now, thats pretty damn cool. I see the red head wave to both of them to come inside. My heart starts beating faster as they come towards the front.

"I really hope this all works out. That is, even if the board lets us do this." My thoughts put me in a daze until Fury laid his hand on my shoulder. I turn to him, seeing the 3 from before.

Bruce Banner. Hes able to turn into a giant and obliterate everything in his path as he does so. I don't understand how he keeps calm, but none the less I'm happy he's able to.

Natasha Romanoff, or the Black Widow. Her files were extremely vague. Shes obviously hiding something, but who isn't these days? I had already interviewed her. Shes very nice from the impression I received. A very good agent, and a good looking one at that.

Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America. His story of being stuck in ice for so long is something I still really can't wrap my head around. Back during his time he had the Super Soldier Serum tested on him, which did wonders on his body. You can even see his muscles through his shirt. An old fashioned man who fights for good just for the sake of good. Not to mention is attractiveness.

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers, and Dr. Banner. Welcome aboard. Also,very happy to see you again." Fury turns to Banner and lightly shakes his hand.

"Umm, yes. Nice to see you too." Bruce takes his hand awkwardly. He glances up to me and says something I can't get. I look at Diane for more of a clarification, but Fury seems to cut her off before Diane can do anything.

"This, is Agent Evelyn Watson and Diane Shaw. Evelyn is a distinguished advocate to our plans and helps with many projects of mine. I'm sure she can provide insight on this as well."

Bruce comes over and shakes my hand. I couldn't see Diane as Banner says a greeting. The only thing I could do was look at him. He gave me a questionable face as I hadn't said anything back.

I couldn't say anything back. I see Diane go up and confront Banner in front of me, as I can read her lips.

"Mr. Banner, Miss Watson is deaf, and wasn't trying to be rude if thats how she came off."

Did I forget that part about me? Yes, I think so. I can't remember much of my childhood, only that my parents had adopted me when I was around 11. They deemed the day they found me crying on their doorstep my birthday. I don't even remember how I got there. I don't like to think about this much, because it makes me try to figure out my past when I should be looking to the present and future.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Miss Watson, I...I didn't know..." He was so awkward that it was cute. I brought out my white board and marker. This was for when I wanted to answer someone myself. I wrote slowly,

"It's alright Dr. Banner. No hard feelings. A pleasure to meet you." I faced the board to him, and he smiled as he set his glasses on his face. I took his outstretched hand, and shook it with delight.

------------------------------------------------

AN: Yup, Eve is deaf. I hope that you weren't able to guess that in the first or before you found out in this chapter, cause I tried really hard to make it unnoticeable, even though speaking is such an important part. I feel like this chapter was a little boring, so I'll try to make the next one more eventful.

If you have any opinions, or criticism, I'd be happy to be informed of it! Thank you very much!