25: Conscious

-Evelyn Watson...Runa...-

I felt like if I touched it, it would fall apart. It looked so fragile. The white and pale blue colors of this dress mixed together so elegantly. The arms were a little translucent, showing off what was underneath. Tenderly, I lift it up, my fingertips gently brushing the soft fabric. I put it up to my nose. Its smell, musky due to the attic, but taking a deeper whiff, it's also earthy. Its nothing I've ever felt like I have experienced before.

Yet I was accustomed to it.

I lied down on the dusty floor hugging the dress close to my chest. I don't care if I get dirty. Slowly I closed my eyes.

I felt a rush of warmth, scenes of tall castles and wood taverns, women in delicate clothing and men training to fight. Of a large grassy scenery that I have dreamed of already once. I can see a stout man who laughs with an eyepatched king, while two ladies bond over the daily challenges and joys of the day. A blonde man tries to woo a girl wearing a tunic instead of a dress, her green eyes full of disgust for the boy. A man with the start of a red beard slaps his friend hard on the back, asking for another duel. However there was a well chance he may lose against his collected partner, someone of few words. Another was lurking in the shadows, practically spying on all of them.

And lastly a boy and a girl hand in hand, skipping down the hall in search of knowledge and adventure.

My eyes flutter open, I'm slightly dizzy with everything that flashed before my eyes.

I've been so blind and rejecting the truth this whole time. Yes, there are reasons to why I can fly, why I can lift and move objects. Why I had these dreams, why I was able to only hear Thor and Loki. Why I was deaf for the longest time and why I said all those things to Thor back at that beautiful meadow. Why...why?

Because I am Runa Claesdottir.

Salty tears slid down my face. Not tears of regret or sorrow. Of joy and relief. Thoughts I've pondered for much too long have been resolved.

*ring ring*

"What the hell?!" I jump, realizing a second later it was my phone. I take it out of my back pocket and answer.

"Please tell me you're at your parents house."

"I am." I could hear her become at ease.

"Fury hasn't noticed you left yet, but I did when I glanced out a window and my car wasn't in the parking lot." I chuckled.

"Sorry about that. I needed to get here and flying wasn't the best option."

"Should I even ask how you drove?" This made me laugh more.

"I think you know well enough."

"Thor almost bolted out of here when he realized you actually were gone..." I laughed. "I'll see you in about 10 minutes Eve. There better not be any scratches on my car." With that, she hung up. The phone goes back into my pocket, and the silence takes over again. Now that I know...I have an important decision to make.

Should I go up with Thor and Loki to Asgard?

I hear the ladder make a rickety sound.

"Honey? Are you alright up there? Did you find what you needed?" My mom checked in on me. I wiped my eyes and sat up.

"Yes, I'm alright, I found it." I re-folded it and placed it back in the box, taking it and bringing it down with me. My mother was waiting, and put away the ladder.

"Thanks." My moms eyes fall on the contents in my hands.

"Sweetie...these clothes...their-"

"I know." I smiled. "Lets go back to the dining room, I have a lot to explain." We both head that way, my father and sister who were still sitting in their spots. Mom takes her seat back next to dad.

"Dad, Mom, Amy...you all want some clarification, yes?" They all silently nodded.

"Ok...first of all, I'm-" The doorbell abruptly rings again, stopping me mid sentence.

"I'll go get that." Amy gets up and leaves the room, going to the door. I turn around and start to follow, knowing who it is.

"Hell-...woah."

"Excuse me...I am looking for Evelyn?" Oh god. I sprint for the doorway.

"Thor?!"

"Ah, there you are! You scared me there...I thought you had left for good." I sigh.

"You're such a goofball."

"Goofball? I do not understand-"

"Um, wait sis. You're friends with...him?" Amy smirked, and I slapped her arm. Diane soon caught up with Thor, a little out of breath.

"Lets just all get inside." I herd the three of them in the house and back to the dining room.

"Diane, honey! Its great to see you again." My mom and her hug while dad waves a hello. "And would you like to introduce us to your friend Eve?" I feel like I'm in high school all over again.

"Mom and Dad...this is, well, Thor." He bows a little to my father, then takes my mothers hand a places a small kiss.

"A pleasure to meet a good friends kin." I swear I just saw my mom swoon a little.

"Oh right, this is my sister Amy." She pouts for my second thought. He takes her hand and gives it a quick peck. Now she's under his spell too.

"Diane, do we have to go soon?" I try to change the subject.

"As soon as possible." I shake my head. I still have unfinished business. Actually, Thor being here is a convenience...and a different way to explain to my family.

"If you want honey, we can talk later over the phone and you can be on your way."

"No. I need to do this face to face. I look to Thor who has taken a seat next to me.

"Thor...I was wondering if you recognize this." I kept my eyes on him while moving my fingertips to take off the lid and showcase the garments again. He leans over and picks it up, eyes suddenly flickering with happiness.

"Yes! This material hails from my homeland. Its popular for sleep, like this...why do you have this?" It didn't take him long to realize why. I smile.

"It was what I was wearing when my parents found me on their doorstep." His eyes light up, and he grins from ear to ear. Amy and my mother gasp my father closing his eyes and nodding to himself.

Diane smiles, looking out the window to catch the sun just barely peek out from the clouds.

----------------------------------------------------
AN: The awkwardness is so real in that ending. Wayy too real. Anyway, Eve's finally aware that she really is Runa! Whoo!! So...should she go to Asgard? Or stay with down on Earth with her duties at S.H.I.E.L.D? To be honest...I still haven't decided yet. You guys can leave your opinion with a comment! As always, thank you and happy reading!