27: Call

-Nick Fury: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.-

Two of my best workers and a god.

The tape shows Eve somehow hijacking someone's car and driving away, and then an hour and a half later Thor and Diane taking off in a different car. I'm pretty sure its Bartons. Doesn't matter.

What does matter is where in gods name they went.

"Do we have tracking devices on these cars?" The security guard nods, pulling up a laptop and showing where they are...now heading back here?

They're going to explain so much when they get back.

*Time Skip* -Nick Fury: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D-

They're sneaking back into the building, and both are escaping to...her room? I watch her shut the door when both her and Thor are inside. I'm pretty sure there was something in her hands...I sigh. I'm going to wait for her to report to me. She knows I saw, and I have a lot of patience. Thankfully it doesn't take her long. She exits, Thor following her like a lost puppy. Well, not lost. More infatuated. I stroll down to my temporary office, seeing her at the end of the hall. I acknowledge she's there with eye contact, leaving my door wide open. She enters and magically closes the door, clicking it locked. I slowly walk and slump down to the small desk, leaning on it and folding my hands together. I gave her a dead expression when we stared at eachother, building more pressure in the room.

"I am pretty sure I don't have to ask why you've come here." She looks at the cold metal desk, giving a half smile to it.

"We'll be here for hours if I tell the whole story."

"Then, cut to the chase. If you would so please enlighten me...on why in the hell you would secretely leave the premises. You know the rules." She nods, taking the seat across from me.

"I went home."

"Why."

"I was checking if my family was ok. They live in the next city over from Manhattan Fury. Its also why I left the ship, to go and assist in saving Manhattan. Did you not see me on the news?"

"Oh, I saw you alright. Like a hawk...well, little less graceful than that. Don't think I didn't see your ass go through that window back on the helicarrier." She laughed. I don't find any of this too funny. "I was planning to ask how you found out you could do that after all this time."

"I can fly, move objects and hear you because...I'm not from Earth." Hah, this is a new idea.

"What are you talking about?" She sighs.

"You're way too dense sometimes." She takes a breath. "I'm from Asgard, Fury. And I need to go back."

"There is no way in hell you are going up there."

"I didn't ask for your permission." I coughed. This was such a different response. "I was letting you know. Honestly, thats all you have to know. I've proven it with myself that I recall am Asgardian, and therefore I still have family up there that I must see, even if I didn't want to go." The god nods along with her explanations. I sigh.

All her points are valid.

"Should I expect you to come back? Or are you just up and leaving on me forever, Agent Watson?"

"Oh no. No matter what, this is still my job. Being an agent is what I do now. I will be back Fury. Just take it out of my vacation time. I'm positive you can handle this without me." I smirk.

"Alright then...I'll have to notify the team. Your an Avenger too now, right?" She chuckles, her signature smile on her face. That was a big reason why I asked for her. She offers never ending motivation for all her teammates. And hard working men is exactly what I need.

"I can tell them Fury, theres no need." I nod. She stands up and waves goodbye, leaving me alone in this office. Well, this pile of paperwork won't do itself.

*Time Skip* -Evelyn Watson/Runa Claesdottir-

"Your really going up there kiddo?"

"Leave the poor girl alone Tony. Its great that you know who you are though." Natasha defended me.

Everyone gathers round the small dining table, sharing stories and good laughs. Something I haven't experienced in a while. Ever since I took on being an agent, I've barely had any time to catch up with my friends back in college. That doesn't matter anymore though. These new friends are exactly what I have been searching for a long time.

"Yes, I must leave with Thor and Loki. There is family in Asgard I have to get back in touch with."

"Sounds like a big adventure."Clint pipes in. I chuckle.

"Yeah...it really will be." It's sinking in. We all eat our dinner as the sun goes down. Another night of peace. I haven't taken a break in so long. Most of the team leaves to return to their room after a drink or two. I was the last one, washing the dishes. I exit and head to my own, when whispers scarcely reach my ears.

"I wanted to catch up and make sure you were well...I would love to, but I cannot leave, I've already been in trouble once doing that...Its a long story. How is your research?...Ah, very good, very good..." Who is that? I quietly walk a little closer, making sure they do not know of my presence. It doesn't take me long to realize that it's Thor...on the phone? But, with whom? I lend an ear and try my hardest to listen to the conversation. Oh gosh...why am I eavesdropping in the first place?

"What about me? Hah, well, that is mainly the reason I called. During my short visit, I met a woman...Do not be afraid. She turned out to be one of my childhood friends I had lost long ago...Isn't it?! I have not seen her since we were children, I had believed she was dead all this time...I would love for you to meet her one day, she's a wonderful friend...Oh, alright then. Farewell...I love you with all my heart and soul." The screen shone light upon his face, and he hung up the phone. I'm pretty sure thats Tony's. I tensed up when he stomped forward.

"I know you are there."

-------------------------------------------------------
AN: Whoop whoop guys! Really loving how this story is going right now. And in the end I did pick that she was going to go to Asgard. Well, it really sets up for the next book on this.

I also apologize. I noticed a while ago that even though I wrote in the title "Thorxreader" there isn't really anything that prominently shows that. This whole story just kinda set up all the slightly planned steamy/fluffy/I don't even know romance that will happen. So I apologize for that. I didn't give you guys what was expected.

Thanks for looking at this latest chapter and always, happy reading!