Prologue 7

[Lunch break]

Issei, Murayama, Katase and Saji having lunch together at the rooftop as no one else would be there to observe him especially Rias Gremory.

Issei: "I bet after school, that handsome prince will come to get me under Rias-senpai's order."

He said while take a bite of the omelet, eat it along with some rice.

Saji: "Ehh, how lucky. I envy you, Ise."

He nudged the boy, teasing him. Issei however retorted in disagreement.

Issei: "More like unlucky. She use underhanded tactic to get me to join her. In other words, she basically tried to make me join her against my free will. The fact that she letting a group of Fallen Angels roaming into Devil's territory makes it more convincing. She only interested in my power not me. Simply put, to her, I'm not Ise Hyodo but Sekiryuutei. Unlike you, Genshiro who was scouted by Sona-kaichou by herself as for Rias-senpai, she didn't so yeah, I'm the unlucky one."

He continued.

Issei: "So she should be grateful that I'm willingly to overlook the way she does things just to be free from that marriage. I mean, really. Fighting someone I don't even know for her sake, what am I? Some kind of puppet? Sure I need to be a Devil so that my body stop tearing itself apart but that's the benefit I get so far."

With those words, Saji can't say anything but accepted it as Issei did have a point. Unlike him who was scouted by Sona for the sake of his younger siblings, Issei was scouted for something he doesn't even know or did it have any beneficial.

Murayama: "Ne Ise-kun, you did tell us that but it is necessary to become a Devil? Why not become a dragon instead?"

She asked with curiosity.

Katase: "She's right, you know?"

She nodded, agreed with Murayama.

Issei: "The thing is, I'm already a dragon, 90% to be exact. Because of it, my body can't contain such power. Dragon are being that surpassed all mythology beings such as Devil, Fallen Angel, Angel, Yokai and even Gods. If 50% then I wouldn't need to become a Devil but because it was 90% that I have to be. Plus.. I can't refuse the humble request from Maou Lucifer himself. He sincerely requested my help by becoming part of his sister's peerage. However I did told him that I'm doing it my way."

He elaborate further.

Issei: "It's a win-win for all. Elder Devils of the Council may despise reincarnated ones since they are so damn proud of their status as Pure-Blooded and quite self-centered. Not even them can forced powerful Devils such as Maous or Ultimate-Class Devils to do their bidding for them. Take Grayfia Lucifuge for example, she's one of 3 survivor of the Lucifuge Household since her parents were dead in the Civil War, leaving her and her sisters behind. The eldest already married, the youngest is spending time mourning, not wanting to have anything with the outside world so that leaves her. Many nobles want to marry her but she rejected them since they only wanted her for her status, lineage or seeing her as a piece of meat that serves only to reproduced Pure-Blooded Devil. That's where the reincarnated devils came with the Evil Pieces created by one of the 4 Maous, Ajuka Beelzebub."

Saji can't believe that he knew all this despite being human, kendo duo were no different as they had no idea about supernatural world until now. It is quite exciting but terrifying at the same time.

Saji: "So is that why you accepted the request to become a Devil? Even if it is against your will? Is it worth it?"

He asked sadly, not wanting his bestfriend become a Devil against his will.