chapter 11~ home by the sea

You stare out the window, trees a blur, music blasting through your earphones. The letter you had left on the kitchen table for the boys plagues your mind.

Dear Bang Chan, Lee Minho, Hwang Hyunjin, Seo Changbin, Han Jisung, Lee Felix, Kim Seungmin and Yang Jeongin,

I love you all equally, from the bottom of my heart, but it pains me deeply that I have done this to our group. I deeply apologise for ruining the reputation of stray kids. The company has asked me to go to my parents so I can avoid bothering you. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone but the thought of it made me shed tears and don't want to come across as a burden to anyone so I left some money in an envelope underneath the letter so you can buy some food tonight.

I hope you can understand my decisions. Don't skip meals

Love you all soo so much,
~Y/N♡

The train rocks side to side gently side to side gliding over the rails. You close your eyes and can't help the tears roll down your face, not caring what others think. You long for a group hug. You look down at the envelope in your hands containing the economy ticket for Jeju that the manager was told to give to you. Regret dwells around you like a dark cloud but the intercom announces the final stop, the airport.

You thank the taxi driver and pay him, closing the door. As it drives off you look up at the house, it was quite isolated, on the coast surrounded my mostly forest. The stench of manure and salt. The ocean doesn't seem to welcome you either. The dark blue waves crash on the rocks. The wooden home stands sturdy despite the strong wind that blows in your face bring your childhood memories with it, yet you can't even seem to put on a smile. Even when your parents greet you and your father sets out a plate of fresh salmon and urchin infront of you or when you walk into your room for the first time in 9 years.

"Ya, since when do you smoke I thought you stopped."
Your mother scolds you as she brings in the folded bedsheets into your old room. You sit on the comforter facing the floor to ceiling window.

"Is the deck stable enough?"
You ask. She looks out the window to the balcony.

"I'm not sure ask your father first, we haven't touched it since you left."
She walks up to the balcony door and slides it open.

"Ya atleast keep it open if your gonna smoke, don't you dare go sinking up my house."

"Okay okay."

"I put the blankets on the bed you just need to lay them out. And don't go to bed to late, you need some rest."
She leaves the room closing the door behind her. What was wrong with you? Coming home to your childhood home was something you had wanted to do since forever but our holidays were to short for me to fly all the way there and back in the span of a weekend. So you just stayed in Seoul with Felix and Channie since they couldn't go to Australia either. And not that your here you don't even feel at home, more like an intruder posing as your parents daughter.

The small desk lamp illuminates your room, not providing much light but it was enough to be able to see outside. The sun was setting creating an orange cobalt colour along the horizon.

You sigh taking your phone from the coffee table and throwing the burnt out cigarette onto the ashtray. You wait a minute before the phone turns back on from being shut off. Notifications flood in like the tears in your eyes from all the group chats and members.