chapter 18 ~ a dozen bottles

You sigh on the sofa, staring at the reflection of yourself through the television. It seemed as if you couldn't move an inch of your body, even to pick up the remote. Since promotions have ended, everyone was just exhausted to the bone, laying around all day. Chan comes into the living room with a large blanket he drapes off his bed and lies down, resting his head on your lap.

"There's pillows on each end of this sofa, but you chose me?"

"I can't be asked. Besides, you're already warm."
You roll your eyes, can't be bothered to argue with him. You bring a hand down from behind your head and place it on his forehead.

"Damn, you're really hot, Channie."

"You don't need to tell me facts I already know."
You slap his shoulder playfully.

"Bro, I mean your forehead is really hot, like you're burning up. Have you been feeling OK lately?"
He closes his eyes as if to think about his answer.

"I don't know, I guess it's just the post comeback fatigue."

"Well, it's already 10. Do you wanna go sleep?"
You sat looking at the clock on the wall. He opens his eyes again to look at you.

"I just woke up... wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure, I guess."

The cold air hits you like a bullet as soon as you step out of the apartment complex. Even with a coat on, you can't help but shiver slightly, and chan notices, grabbing your hand, interwining your fingers, and putting it in his pocket. You smile at him for the gesture and step outside.

"Where should we go?"

"Wherever you went the night before you left for Jeju."

"Yongmasan, it is then."

The walk wasn't long, and before you knew it, you were standing on the observatory deck looking over Seoul. You look over the ledge, and just like before, the night view was immaculate. The cold breeze contrasts your hot red cheeks, almost painful but bearable. Trees sway syncopated, city lights, and the stars create an ambient atmosphere. 

"I can only think of one more thing that's prettier than this view."
Chan states, but almost as if he was thinking out loud, so you turn to look at him. He's looking out into the distance.

"Oh yea? Is it the blinding JYPE shape lights hung up on the ceiling of our practice room?"
He lets out a chuckle, hanging his head down, and then turns to face you, also leaning on the railing.

"It's you..."
Suddenly, you can't feel the wind anymore, and it's no longer cold. A wide smile slaps across your face and your way past the glass half full state. chan lifts his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Wow, I don't know what's more red your cheeks or the walls of our practice room."
You immediately cover your face with your hands and turn to face the city because you blush even more.

"Stooopp Channie, I'm shy."
He coos and puts his arm around your shoulder and brings his face in level with yours.

"Why are you shy it's true."
You finally bring your hands away from your face to look at him, not realising how close he actually was to you. His face is 4 inches away, and you can feel his soft, warm breath. Heart racing, you lean in to him thinking 'fuck it' and your lips touch his. Chan doesn't hesitate to bring his hand behind your head to pull you in further. His lips are soft and addicting making it hard to stop until you need to for air. You pull away gently arms now around his shoulders, breathing heavily, steam from your hot breath engulfs you with in a small cloud that gets carried away by the wind.