Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Miles opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Alex, fast asleep beside him. His hair was like a fluffy, messy cloud on the pillow, and in the dim morning light, he looked younger than his thirty years, and still innocent.

In some ways he was still innocent. Miles had had so many lovers of both sexes, he sometimes forgot all these experiences were brand new for Alex, and it was like he was seeing the world through his eyes. Times like this, Miles feelings for Alex scared him. Sometimes all it took was to hold him or look into his eyes, and it would feel like his heart was going to explode from his chest. It terrified him, and sometimes he felt like running away, but he couldn't. When he was away from Alex, it physically hurt in a way he'd never experienced before.

"Morning," Alex smiled, even though his eyes were still closed.

"How did you know I was awake?"

"I just did."

Alex opened his eyes. They were still heavy with sleep, and all Miles wanted to do was kiss him.

"Are we going out today?" he asked.

"Yeah, we're off to sell that ring."

Miles suddenly felt Alex's strong, warm fingers wrap around his dick.

"We could always stay in bed..."

Miles grew hard at Alex's touch, as always, and he was too weak to push him away.

"You're insatiable."

"I can't get enough of you."

Their first visit was to the Comte Phillipe de Anjou. He lived at Branston House in Piccadilly. Alex drove the gig, chatting away while Miles tried to steady his nerves. He rarely did legitimate business with respectable people, and the thought of negotiating about the ring, made him feel a little nervous. Naturally he didn't tell this to Alex - he wanted his lover to think he wasn't afraid of anything; but Miles was used to dealing with undesirables. Making deals in back-alleys, or just stealing things to sell onto other crooks.

"....de Anjou...." Alex pondered as they rode alongside the Thames at Hammersmith. "I'm sure there's a branch of my family that are de Anjou."

Miles looked at Alex, every inch the gentleman today, he even had his hair in a low ponytail, tied with a black velvet ribbon. But that pompous look had gone from his face, these days his eyes sparked with merriment. It was amazing what good sex could do.

"Sometimes I forget that you're a proper aristocrat," Miles said. "You make me feel common."

Alex smirked and looked at the road ahead.

"You are common. And you don't treat me with enough respect. You do disgusting, unmentionable things to me. I should have you horsewhipped."

"Or maybe I should whip you....."

Alex blushed and looked away at the river. Clearly he liked the idea of Miles whipping him. Kinky little bastard...

"I think maybe you should do the negotiating," Miles said. "You know how these people think. And if this fella's family, he might give you a better price."

"Well don't sell it to him until you've had Coxon's offer."

"What if the Comte changes his mind?"

"He won't. This ring belongs to his distant family. He'll want it."

"So you think I should sell to him?" "

"No, you sell to whoever offers you the most money. There's no place for sentiment, Miles."