Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Charlotte POV

By the time I returned inside, the place had been vacant and there were no customers there. The waitresses seems to be located near the cooks. And by the looks of it, Isami had chased away all the customers. This meant I was no longer receiving the hefty tip I had anticipated. I strolled inside the kitchen and saw Nadine, Hanna, Emily, and Oliver, as well as the two other rookie chefs. They were exhausted and worried.

"I thought she let you go." Emily murmured.

"Who?"

"That bitch. She chased away all of the customers, and now we can't go until Mr. Milestone arrives." Nadine responded, pouting into the wall.

"Well, I hope none of you discussed where he was." I remembered her handing me a large, thick, appealing bundle of cash. If I had been a traitor, I would have accepted it in a heartbeat—and I wasn't. But god, I wish I was at this lovely time. This was an incredible opportunity.

I gazed around the well-equipped kitchen, wondering if she offered the same amount of money to others. I didn't want to inform her that she offered me money; perhaps I'll simply have to wait for someone to claim they received an offer.

"As much as I respect and admire Mr. Milestone, I'm not remaining here because I have children." Hanna stated.

"I have kids, too." Nadine clenched her teeth, and I could already smell an argument forming, which I didn't want. Nadine and Hannah can never agree on anything since they both have the same baby daddy, whom they are still secretly seeing.

"Let's not yell at anybody." I hurriedly say, hoping to snuff out the fire before it spreads.

"Yes, let's not force anything down our throats." Nadine bursts out. I scowled at her. She has quite the snarky demeanor, which we don't need right now.

"We phone Mr. Milestone and ask him to come handle this. It is not our business, and we should not become involved. That was one of the reasons I declined to accept the money.

"There are hazardous folks."

"I understand."

"I suggest let Kyle and his men handle her. Chase her out of town.

They didn't know her, and I don't either. But her serene and sheathy demeanor was difficult to reconcile with. She certainly has patience, and something tells me that when she runs out of it, she will put those guys and her arsenals to use. I could smell blood on her. She will eliminate everyone in the blink of an eye.

"We let Milestone handle it himself."

"He can die," Oliver stated.

"He will not die. As long as he understands how to play the game. We retaliate, and many us can die."

Everyone in the room was expressing their worries, whether it was by cracking their knuckles or gnawing off their lips. I rolled my eyes, not seeing the big deal. "She wants to invest with Mr. Milestones, which may be a positive thing." I didn't tell them it seemed shady.

"Investing?" Hannah questioned. "I believed he owed her money."

"Well, Nadine claimed she's a Mafia investor, and she's all over the news." I've never seen her, but the television at the motel was only for décor and dust; it doesn't function. Not a single channel picked up.

"Mafia and investors are not compatible." Hanna pitches in.

Oh, I wish she hadn't said anything, for her frightened condition had long vanished, and her new goal was to punch Hanna lights out.