The Battle Arena

Today the gang was resting in a Pokémon center outside Saffron City. Now it was time for Cora and Alain to battle the Battle Arena for their next frontier symbol. However, Ash hadn't arrived yet. Cora believed that Ash and his friends got lost again.

"I wonder what this frontier battle is going to be like." Mairin commented.

"One is for sure it won't be easy like the Battle Factory battle wasn't." Alain stated.

"(Yes.)" Aaron agreed.

{A/N: Aaron - Lucario}

"But Alain and I will beat the Battle Arena like we beat the Battle Factory." Cora declared.

"Atta girl, Cora." said a male voice.

The gang turned around and saw a familiar face. It was Scott.

"Hi Scott," Cora greeted, "here to see Alain and I battle the Battle Arena?"

"Of course," Scott answered, "and I can't wait to see your battles. But do you know where Ash is? I thought he would already be here."

"He'll be here soon. Possibly tomorrow. By the way, who's the frontier brain of the Battle Arena?" Cora asked.

Scott explained that the frontier brain of the Battle Arena was a girl named Greta. Greta also runs a karate dojo and she uses fighting type Pokémon. "Her favorite Pokémon are Medicham and Hariyama, and her role models are Chuck of the Cianwood Gym and Brawley of the Dewford Gym."

"No wonder, especially when those two are brilliant fighting type trainers." Cora commented.

She remembered battling against them, and she remembered how brilliantly they handled their fighting type Pokémon. She then started to think about what she should do.

"I think I shall use those two." Cora said.

"What two, Cora?" Mairin asked.

"I shall show you at the Battle Arena." Cora replied.

Cora went off to call Prof Oak, leaving Scott and the others puzzled with what she said. But Alain somehow knew what she was thinking. He was excited to see her battle.

====

Soon Scott brought the gang to the Battle Arena. Since Greta was an arena tycoon, her battle facility was indeed a karate dojo.

"Hello! I'm here to battle the Battle Arena!" Cora shouted.

A voice answered back saying, "I accept your challenge." and then the doors opened. A blonde-haired woman, wearing black and blue karate outfits, greeted Scott and the gang; she was Greta.

"Greetings," Greta greeted, "I am Greta the frontier brain of the Battle Arena."

"My name is Cora, Greta."

"And I'm Alain."

"We're here to challenge you." Cora and Alain finished in unison.

"Well Cora, Alain, I accept your challenge," Greta declared, "and I hope you're ready."

"You bet we're ready." Cora beamed.

Both Greta, Cora and Alain couldn't wait to battle each other.

"Before we start, Cora, you have to spin the wheel first. Then Alain will spin it next." Greta explained.

A big roulette wheel came out of the floor. Greta explained to Cora and Alain that the wheel would decide which sort of battle they would have. If they rolled a one it would be a one-on-one battle, a two would be a two on two and a three would be a three on three. Cora spun the wheel and the arrow landed on two. Cora and Greta would have a two-on-two Pokémon battle. Alain spun it next which also landed on a two. So Alain and Greta will also have a two-on-two Pokémon battle.