The Battle Dome

Today, the gang had made it to the Battle Dome, and they just exited the Pokémon center. Suddenly they were surrounded by reporters and cameramen. The reporters and cameramen have heard about Cora and Alain competing in the battle frontier challenge and they wanted to ask them questions.

At that moment, Scott appeared, "Hold on, everyone. Please save your questions for the press conference." He requested.

Both Cora and Alain were puzzled that they were going through something like this; they didn't have to go through this when they faced Noland and Greta.

The press conference was held in another building.

"You must be quite the trainers since you both have already earned two frontier symbols," a female reporter said to Cora and Alain, "would you mind sharing your secrets?"

"Well," Cora responded, "my strategy is that the best defense is a strong offense. As long as I stay strong, so do my Pokémon."

"What are your thoughts on Tucker?" Another reporter asked.

"Well this will be our first-time meeting Tucker as well as battling him." Alain replied.

"But we'll beat him just like we defeated Noland and Greta." Cora added.

=====

After that the press conference was over, Cora and Alain had to get ready to face Tucker. Unfortunately for Ash, he arrived a little late with his friends.

The Battle Dome was a dome shaped building and inside was millions of seats surrounding the battlefield. Scott explained to Mairin, Ash, Brock, May and Max that Tucker was a big superstar, and he likes to entertain people with his frontier battles. Tucker had millions of fans and all the seats were filled. Scott and the others sat in special seats above the battlefield.

Cora was introduced to the audience and an announcer explained about her going through the Indigo league, Johto league, Hoenn league, the Hoenn Grand festival and her winnings of the Orange league and the Whirl Cup. Then a purple haired man, dressed as a musical stage star, appeared on the stage. Cora knew that he's the frontier brain, Tucker.

"I welcome you to the Battle Dome!" Tucker greeted Cora, "and this battle will be a battle for the Tactics Symbol!"

The Tactics Symbol was shown on a big TV screen and the symbol had an arch shape as well as small arch shape and two crescent shapes on each side.

Tucker then sent out what Pokémon he was using; Arcanine and Swampert. The referee was standing on a flying platform, and he explained that the battle was a double battle. He also said to Cora that she was allowed to transfer any Pokémon if she wanted to; a transfer machine was set up behind her. Cora had to think hard on what Pokémon to use.

'I can't use any grass Pokémon for Swampert because of Arcanine,' Cora thought, 'but I can use a different Pokémon that does know a grass move and I will also use a flying type for this.'

"I'm going to do a quick switch." Cora decided and ran over to the machine.

=====

A minute later, Cora made her choice and sent out her Pokémon; Rory (Shiny Gyarados) and Scylla (Dragonite).

The battle had now started.

"Scylla, Extreme Speed on Arcanine!" Scylla flew straight towards Arcanine. But Tucker's Arcanine used Extreme Speed too and they tackled each other with their extreme speed attacks.

"Okay Rory, help out with Surf!" Scylla flew into the air, while Rory did his surf attack. But Swampert knew Protect and it jumped in front of Arcanine and used Protect to protect it and Arcanine together.