The Green Guardian

After leaving Celadon City, the gangs were on their way for Fuchsia City. The next battle facility, the Battle Pike, was located just outside Fuchsia City. Right now, they had come to a bridge that leads to Fuchsia City. But there was a problem; the bridge was closed. Officer Jenny explained that there was a mudslide from the weather last night, so they couldn't cross the bright. But there was a foot path they could walk through to get to Fuchsia City, so both gangs decided to take the foot path.

"This doesn't make sense," May pondered, "I mean I know we had terrible rain last night. But surely it wouldn't have been bad enough to cause a mudslide, could it?"

"Well, you can never tell with the weather." Brock commented.

Cora had hoped they would be able to cross the bridge to travel on bikes, but they couldn't argue with the police about it.

Suddenly Kilala, Chespie and Pikachu started to run into the forest.

"Hey Kilala, Chespie, what's wrong?" Cora called out.

The gang started to run after Kilala, Chespie and Pikachu, but then they got stopped by a Plusle. Then a girl with teal hair and red eyes, and wearing a red jacket, white shirt, black shorts, black socks and red shoes came up to the gang. Cora recognized this girl, it was Pokémon Ranger, Solana.

"Go back," Solana ordered, "no one is allowed to pass this point."

"It's a Pokémon Ranger." Max gasped.

"Pokémon Ranger?" Ash asked.

"Pokémon Rangers are people who protected nature and Pokémon from danger, especially from poachers and other bad people like that." Alain replied.

Cora explained to Solana about Kilala, Chespie and Pikachu running off into the forest. Solana picked up something that looked like a mobile phone and spoke to someone.

"An Espeon, Chespin and Pikachu have gone over the line and their trainers are here as well as some friends." she informed. A minute later she got off the phone. "So who are all of you?" she asked the gang.

The gang introduced themselves.

As usual, Brock appeared in front of Solana and held her hands in his, "And my name is Brock! I know this place is off limits, but don't let your love be as well." He flirted with blushed cheeks.

Max grabbed Brock's ear and started pulling him away, "Out of bound. Kilala, Chespie and Pikachu aren't the only ones over of the line."

"And you are?" Cora asked, changing the subject.

"My name's Solana," Solana introduced herself, "and this Plusle is my partner." Plusle jumped onto her shoulder, "The Ranger Union said you can move on to search for your Espeon, Chespie and Pikachu. Follow me."

=====

The gang was following Solana in the forest.

"Excuse me Solana," Cora spoke up, "but are the Pokémon rangers' people who go around protecting nature, humans and Pokémon a like?"

"That's right Cora," Solana confirmed, "and we use wild Pokémon to help us."

"Interesting." Alain commented.

Then they had to stop when they came across some giant thorny vines.

"This is the work of a Celebi." Cora concluded, recognizing the vines.

"You're right, Cora, these vines are from a Celebi." Alain confirmed.

"Wait, you lot know about Celebi?" Solana asked.