Episode Three

Angela approaches Ana while she's getting changed into her uniform in the locker room on Monday.

"good morning, ma'am" Ana says as she puts on her bullet proof vest. 

"Hey, boot" Angela says.

"Listen, don't dive back into work like nothing happened. Something did happen and your mind hasn't forgotten it. That trauma is still there, so just take it slow at first, and Bradford won't push you too hard today anyway" Angela advises.

Ana nods. "okay, thank you, ma'am"

"see you at roll call, rookie" Angela responds, walking away.

Ana gets to roll call first, so she doesn't get any clapping, while Bradford gets a round of applause, which Ana happily participates in.

"All right, all right, all right. Settle down. Settle down. Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? 'Cause once again, we start with you." Grey starts roll call.

"I'm flattered?" Nolan says, hesitantly.

"Don't be. Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal ten grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an I.D." Grey explains and Ana jots down some notes.

"Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps." Nolan says.

"Absolutely. 'Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet." Grey responds.

Ana looks up when Captain Anderson enters the room, her eyes wide.

"Captain. How can we help you?" Grey asks.

"First off, I wanted to welcome Tim Bradford and Ana Cabrera back. If you two need anything, you let me know." Captain Anderson starts.

"yes, ma'am" Tim and Ana both say. 

Ana is surprised that the Captain knows that she exists much less her name.

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right." Anderson explains and Ana jots it down in her little notebook.

"Babysitting a termination: a patrol officer's favorite assignment. So, who shall I bless with it?" Grey grins.

Ana watches as Nolan raises his hand.

"Officer Nolan, are you volunteering?" Grey asks.

"Just embracing the inevitable, sir." Nolan responds.

"Smart man. Get the address from Dispatch. That's it." Grey says, dismissing the room.

[Timeskip - 9 AM - Monday | Patrol]

"You sure you don't want me to drive?" Lucy asks, while Ana sits in the backseat.

She's become used to Lucy and Bradford's conversations excluding her but she doesn't mind.

"Why would I want that, Boot? You think I'd go back on duty before I'm 100 percent?" Bradford asks.

"No, sir" Lucy answers.

"Or do you think simply doing your job during a firefight means you get special treatment?" Bradford questions.

"No, sir" Lucy responds.