Episode Six

Ana is in the back of the patrol car, with Lucy driving for the first time.

"Look out!" Bradford yells, but it's too late because the car flips onto it's head and slides down the sidewalk. 

There is a small awkward silence as they all just hang there upside down before Bradford asks "that worked out the way you planned it, boot?"

[Timeskip - 8 AM | Roll Call]

"I've never seen him like that. He's usually so confident, so self-assured, so -" Nolan is talking about a teacher at the Academy, Hawke.

Hawke never really liked Ana, she's not sure why but she always got that impression.

"arrogant" Talia finishes, obviously not liking Hawke.

"You know he's living in a motel now?" Nolan says, more concerned about Hawke than anyone else in the room.

"That's what happens when you try to be big policeman at home. You end up on the couch. Tim rode with Hawke back in the day." Talia answers.

Ana glances back at Tim, knowing that that could not have gone well.

"Damn straight. Craziest six months of my life" Tim says, entering the roll call room, meeting Ana's eyes as he talks.

Ana turns back around to look at Talia.

"Hmm. Nolan hung out with him last night." Talia says.

"Hawke and Nolan?" Tim asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, yeah. They were tight at the Academy. They bonded over their shared love of old stuff." Lucy pipes up.

"The Beastie Boys isn't old" Nolan frowns.

"They formed before I was born." Lucy says making Ana giggle.

They've definitely gotten closer since that whole Roundup game. Lucy is over almost every night and Ana's grandparents love to embarrass Ana in front of Lucy. Ana hasn't had friends since she was in diapers, but she thinks she can call Lucy her friend.

"All right, everyone take a seat. Got some catching up to do. Let's go. First, let's congratulate Officer Chen for allowing her T.O. to finish his coffee before rolling their vehicle." Grey says, entering the roll call room. People applaud and laugh.

"I see "training" is working out for you. All right, more pressingly, midnight shift was flooded with calls last night, and they left us with their mess. Let's get started. Our detectives are working a homicide in Larchmont Village, but there are witnesses that still need to be interviewed. Bishop and Nolan, you'll take that. And Burglary has got a search warrant that Patrol didn't get around to. Bradford, Cabrera and Chen, you'll take that." Grey says, dishing out the assignments for the day.

"Come on, why can't Burglary serve their own damn warrants?" Bradford complains.

"Because they don't have the vim and vigor you have, Officer Bradford. This is yours. All the faces. Don't worry. I have pending calls for everybody! All right, let's go knock 'em out and show the late shift how real police work is done." Grey announces, dismissing them. 

[Timeskip - N/A - Patrol]

"All right, we're serving a search warrant. You see door hinges?" Bradford quizzes, looking back at Ana.

"the door opens outwards towards us" Ana answers, softly.

"and what's a "fatal funnel"?" Bradford asks, turning to Lucy.

"the first three feet in any doorway" Lucy replies.

"Not bad. Here's the real test. Of all the things Burglary told us about our suspect LeShawn Halvorsen, what's most important?" Bradford asks.