chapter two

Spellvania..

She looks into the the glowing orb in front of her " where are you?" She mumbled already tired...

Vampire Aves..

Uriel's POV(Alex's mother)

*Night

I walked around the house making sure the maids had blown out all the candles and also checking if everyone is asleep except Alex....the boy never sleeps.

I went back into my husband and I shared room, he was asleep or he was pretending to be asleep but I could tell he was not asleep.

I got under the covers facing him while his back was turned to me "Allan" I called in a quiet voice but he did not look back .

He has been acting odd, ever since he came back from his trip a month ago, he does not even look at me, he became very distant.

I am sure the kids might have noticed although I have tried to act like everything was fine.

"Allan" I called again "I know you are awake" I added and he finally spoke "what is it?"

He asked quite harshly "can I not speak to my husband?" I asked "it is late Uriel, I need to go to work tomorrow" he said and I sat up.

"What is the matter with you!?" I snapped and he finally turned to look at me...

"You have been very distant I rarely see you during the day and when I want to talk to you at night you give excuses"

"Did I do anything wrong?" I asked and he stared at me "Answer me, Allan" I demanded.

"No, I am just busy with work in the council that is all, I apologize, if you felt I was ignoring you" he said and I just blinked at him as he turned back to sleep.

I sighed and turned my back to him "Goodnight" he said and I did not reply I just stared at the lamp on the table....

End of POV

*The next morning*

Allan had gone to work and Uriel was sitting in the garden with Grace, they were talking over tea, while Isabella and Linda were picking berries in a bush nearby.

"Do you know where Alex is?" Liam asked Isabella after snatching berries from his twin that glared at him

"Probably in his room" Isabella replied more focused on the picking the berries
"Alright" Liam said and head towards the mansion.
"I do not think you should be going to his room" Isabella mumbled picking the berry that fell from her hand

"why not?" Liam asked and Linda also stared at Isabella waiting for her to answer

"We are best friends after all" Liam added and Isabella finally looked up.

"Well-" Isabella started just to be cut off by Liam "-and you can not tell me what to do you are Alex's older sister not mine" he stated.

The 15 year old only smiled "Right, silly me, go meet your best friend" she said smiling as she focused on the berries again, Liam huffed.

"Why did you ask him not to go ?" Linda asked Isabella after Liam left,

"Alex...is quite possessive about things that belong to him, and he loves his personal space, even I do not go up there" Isabella popped the berry in her mouth just as they heard Liam yelling.

Their mothers got up in a hurry as Liam rushed outside bleeding from the side of his head, he went to his mother "Ma,Alex scratched me" he cried.

Linda got up and went to check on her twin while Isabella continued to hum while picking berries not bothered by what was going on.

"How could he do this to my son!" Grace yelled horrified while Uriel checked Liam's head....it was a deep cut.

"What did you do?" Uriel asked as the blood slowly stopped "I did not do anything!" Liam cried.

"I-I only went to his room to tell him to come out and his eyes just turned red and he scratched me" he explained still crying and Linda frowned

"His eyes are already red " Linda pointed "No, it..."Liam trailed off as Alex came out look as calm as ever.

"Mother,Aunt Grace, cousins,what has caused this hollering this fine morning?" he asked

"You-" Grace was cut off by Uriel

"you did this?" She asked walking towards him.

"Oh that ,yes" he admitted while Liam stared at him from far with slight fear in his eyes "I told you not to come into my room did I not?" he asked glancing at Liam.

"Apologize" Uriel said and Alex stared at his mother "The wound healed already" Alex mentioned "now" Uriel added and Alex spoke.

"I apologize....it is just a little scratch you did not have to so dramatic"
'..and it is not like you have not done worse to me' Alex thought.

Uriel sighed "I am so sorry for his behavior" she said "it is fine now ,you know kids" Uriel chuckled nervously.

And Grace eyes never left Alex that was also staring at her "yes, kids..." Grace said and send her kids off to play.

"Mother, I would like to remind you, if you have forgotten, your promise to me" Alex said and Uriel frowned a bit

"The slave" he reminded "...Right, but you have not been on your best behavior, I do not think it is a good idea for you to get a slave"

"you promised, mother" he said and Uriel sighed

"Alright,be on your best behavior through out the week and you will get the slave, no scratching or anything" his mother said .

"Alright, mother"he said glancing at Grace as he walked into the forest "How old is he again?" Grace asked watching him disappear into the forest

"Just eleven" Uriel sighed as she replied "He will grow out of this behavior, my brother used to be so stubborn too " Grace said chuckling lightly.

"I hope he does" she said hopefully...
Soon they went back to their conversations.

"How Is your head?" Isabella asked staring at Liam that was awfully quiet "Seems good to me" Isabella added and faced Linda.

"I think this should be enough for the pie" Linda nodded and the girls walked in laughing about something.

Liam sat watching them leave "Hello there" he heard and jumped a bit, Alex came into view "I found an odd animal, do you want to check it out?" Alex asked.....

Liam stared at him for a while before his face broke into a grin "of course, let us go!"

Liam got up and threw his hand over Alex shoulders, Alex made sure his mother saw before heading into the forest with Liam.

He could not afford to mess things up..

End of chapter.

End of chapter two guys , that's 2 chapters in a dayyy, hope you guys enjoyed and don't forget to tell me your thoughts in the comments 🤍

IntroAmy^⁠_⁠^