Chapter-11

Author's Pov
Flashback Continue

"Dog?" A whisper filled with agony and disdain escaped Ace's lips as he stared at the woman he sold his heart to, calling him with the names he could expect from anyone, from any fucking one but her. For the first time those words after getting used to hearing them hurt him, it burned his heart at the reality of her being the one voicing them out.

Aurora let her fear of disappointing her father win over the honesty of the situation and instantly a flame of regret filled her nerves, she had done many wrong things in her life but never had she ever accused anyone falsely until today, her eyes voluntarily trailed towards the kneeled man whose eyes weren't on her anymore, his gaze was stuck on the concrete ground letting another wave of remorse hit her.

For a second, she wanted to take her words back and confess the truth but it was too late, her father was already over Ace and smashed a terrible blow over the young man's face letting the blood erupt from his nose. She gasped silently taking a step back, her eyes snapped to Max expecting a little sympathy or concern in his eyes for the man they led to such a situation but no, he was calm and seemed like,

He was enjoying the scene.

"You fucking bastard! I gave you, a dirty orphan like you a place to live, a job to earn and even let you study yet you decided to backstab me! You dared to harass my daughter!" A terrible rain of punches was showered over the restrained man, Ace didn't even care to fight back or defend himself from the attack, he simply took everything on him like nothing was more painful than the hope he lost because of her.

And indeed it was the truth, he had lived his whole life holding onto only one hope, to be with the woman he loved from the time he didn't even know what love was, he let her rule him like no one else. That hope was crushed by her today, he had left nothing to live for anymore, that particular time he wished he hadn't been born, he cried in his heart for the God he believed in for the last 19 years with only one weak hope that one day he will find his happiness.

But he didn't.

He groaned in pain at the unexpected pain he felt against his stomach, Alvin hit his foot right against the spot where Ace had got new bruises from the fight he had yesterday. But there was nothing that could grow any kind of mercy in Alvin's heart for him, he never was soft with him ever before, but now he looked murderous after letting their lie fall in his veins. He couldn't believe Ace actually tried to assault his daughter!

"Mr Clifford, I think that's enough, let Aurora go inside first," Alvin was about to shower more kicks on the restrained man when Max's voice entered his ears, he instantly looked at his stilled daughter whose body was slightly trembling.

"Aurora, go inside." This time Alvin didn't even try to coax or comfort her, he was hell of mad at her too for hiding such a big thing from him, it was his responsibility to be able to keep his dog on a leash yet he couldn't do a proper job in keeping Ace under his control otherwise why would he dare to go for his daughter and think that he could get away from it.

Aurora flinched hearing her father's cold voice before looking at Ace whose head was hanging down as blood was dripping from his lips and nose and even she noticed patches of blood on his white shirt from the space of his stomach. She gulped not moving an inch which successfully irked Max, he clenched his jaw not liking the look she shot at the beaten boy. He knew the emotion in her eyes but he couldn't let her ruin his plans, he had achieved everything already, just a last pinch of salt on his wounds and he would eventually win the goal he aimed for.

She jumped startled when he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and steadily leaned his lips closer to her ear, "Go inside, babe. Your dad will be more angry if you don't obey him." She turned her head to Max who shot a small fake smile trying to comfort her that whatever she did was the right thing to do She gulped when he squeezed her shoulders and motioned her to go in.