How The Turns Have Tabled

Adam stumbles to his feet, rubbing his cheek. It stung like hell and he was bleeding out of his mouth. He was bleeding almost everywhere. He knew he probably couldn't win this fight but he didn't want to give up.

"Sir!" Adam looked behind him to find Lute collapsing to the ground, small dagger sticking out of her ribs. Nifty giggled and hopped away.

"Lute! What the fuck was that?! What happened to your arm!?" Adam was on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry sir, I couldn't let you get hurt." Lute's eyes started to flutter and Adam was really crying now.

"Please! J-Just fucking hold on you dumb bitch! We'll get to Sera!" He gripped onto her shoulders tightly.

"It's okay sir, i'm okay with dying. I served my purpose, protecting you."

"Don't call me that!" Lute jumped slightly at his sudden outburst. "You know my name..."

"Goodbye, Adam." Lute pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before going limp in his arms. Adam stared into her blank eyes with sadness.

"Look Adam, that was kinda tragic but you gotta get outta here!'" Lucifer shouted.

"You already took everything from me... Why did you have to take more?" Adam muttered, just loud enough for them all to hear.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" Adam stumbled to his feet and wiped the blood off his face. "Lilith, Eve, even Micheal's attention! And now Lute. She was the only one who choose not to leave me, and you took her too! Why can't you ever just leave me with something?!" Snot dribbled down his face.

"I... I didn't know you felt that way." Lucifer looked towards the ground, guilt and brimstone filling his vision.

"Fall back everyone!" Adam shouted before flying off, Lute's halo clutched firmly in his right hand.