Chapter Fifty-Six

The next day Lily made her way over to Harper's house. She was excited to tell her the news, but worried about how her friend might react. She didn't want to make her feel bad, but she had become an important part of Lily's life and she wanted her to know. It wasn't as if she would never find out either, but she wanted Harper to hear it from her.

Lily tried her best to shake off her nerves as she knocked on Harper's door and fake a smile as her friend welcomed her inside. They spent the morning together roaming the pack lands and grabbing a bite to eat. As the two of them gathered their belongings and headed back to Harper's house, Lily finally mustered up the courage to share the news with her friend.

"Hey Harper?" Lily started, her nerves and anxiety once again acting up. She picked at her fingernails out of habit.

"What's up?" Harper asked. She noticed that something was going on with Lily, but couldn't put her finger on it. She didn't want to ask or bring it up in case it was something sensitive. But she was so curious and hoping her friend was about to tell her.

Lily hesitated then told her, "I want to share something with you, but I am worried that it might make you feel not so great." When Harper didn't say anything, only looking at Lily with furrowed brows and a slight frown, she continued, "it's nothing bad. Just might lead to conflicting emotions. At least, that's how I still kind of feel about it." Lily almost mumbled the last sentence.

Lily's words made Harper even more curious to know what she was talking about. "You can tell me. If it's not bad, I think it'll be okay." She told her friend, though she wasn't entirely convinced. She wasn't a big fan of this beating around the bush type of communication, but knew that Lily was trying to be mindful of her.

Lily took a deep breath and said, "I'm pregnant."

She didn't know what kind of initial reaction to expect from Harper, but it wasn't the very wide smile, excited hug, and heartfelt "congratulations" that she got. She knew Harper would be happy for her, there was no doubt in her mind on that. She thought maybe it was something that would cause a similar reaction to what Lily originally had.

Harper pulled away, practically bouncing out of her seat, "are you excited?!"

"I am, just worried I guess." Lily said to her, looking down at her fingers that she was still picking at.

A hand landed on top of hers, and Lily looked back up at Harper. She smiled at her, "I understand. The Moon Goddess wouldn't put more on your plate than she knows you can handle. This is a blessing, you should enjoy it." Lily nodded, she was trying to. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you! It means a lot to me." Lily told her. She was so relieved the news had gone over so well.

The pair spent the rest of their time together watching a movie in Harper's living room. Lily kept an eye on her, hoping that she didn't get stuck in her head like she'd seen a happen to her so many times before, but Harper seemed content and was laughing at the movie playing on the screen.

When the credits rolled, Lily made her way back home. She stopped in the office to do some paperwork and see her mate. As she opened the door, Jackson pushed back from his desk and  looked up at her with a smile on his face, "how did it go?"

She grinned and made her way over to him,  "good." Lily told him as she sat on his lap and kissed him. "She was so excited! She didn't even get distracted while we watched a movie after I told her."

Jackson smiled hearing that, "I'm glad. She seems to be doing well." He kissed her again, not being able to stop himself. His mate was more than willing to deepen the kiss when he swiped his tongue over her lip.