Chapter Twenty-Four

It had been about a week since Lily had learned that she and Charlie were related. The only family that she'd had left. And she had been taken from her; practically ripped from her hands. It wasn't fair.

Jackson had found that Charlotte was with a foster family within the territory and was taking his mate to go see her. He had been keeping a close eye on Lily; he was worried that with the news that Charlotte was his mate's sister that he would have to watch her suffer in her frozen state like she had when she had learned Maisie's fate. Luckily that wasn't the case. He was tending to her every need while simultaneously trying not to smother her. He told her a lot more about werewolves and how things worked in the pack; whenever it came up, he was hesitant to explain. He thought that at any moment it might become too much and she would start pushing him away again. But she was stubborn and took in the information like a pro. He was impressed, to say the least.

Lily still spent a lot of her time in tears, but she was impressed with Jackson's ability to know just the right moment to step in to help her through what she was going through with comforting words. She was sure that he had grown annoyed by this, but he never mentioned it. She was getting better at communicating things with him though. Opening up just a little was terrifying to her but Jackson was always more concerned with her and how she was feeling. He had also started calling her Lil. At first, Lily didn't like it at all, in fact, she hated it, but it was starting to grow on her.

She was sitting in the passenger seat of Jackson's car while he drove. He told her that there were only a few more minutes left of the drive to the home Charlotte was placed in. Lily couldn't wait to see her, she could hardly sit still in her seat, even though she knew she would have the most difficult time saying goodbye to her again. She was still happy that she even got the chance to see her again.

The ultrasound picture of Maisie was sat in Lily's lap. She carried it with her wherever she went, even if it was just to another room in the house. Lily wanted to show Charlie. She wasn't sure why, but she wanted her to know that Maisie had existed. It made Maisie seem more real, to have someone that meant everything to Lily know about her.

When they pulled up, there was a woman that seemed to be in her early forties waiting to greet them. She introduced herself as Cindy Daniels then showed them in, bringing them to the playroom where there were around ten children playing together with a variety of toys. Among them was Charlotte, happily building LEGO's with one of the boys. Cindy called her name, drawing. Her attention from playing, "someone's here to see you."

Lily watched as Charlie's attention focused on her and smiled so big Lily thought it might fall off of her face, "momma!" She yelled and ran towards Lily. She swooped her up and held her in her arm for what felt like hours. Lily didn't want to let her go. When Charlie pulled back, Lily kissed her all over her face causing her to giggle. Cindy then showed them to her room and let the three of them be.

Charlotte shared her room with another little girl, but it had plenty of space for the two of them to do their own things and have some privacy if they ever wanted it. Lily put Charlie down, even though she didn't want her out of her arms, so she could give her and Jackson a tour of the room. After, they played with her dolls for a little bit. As they played, Jackson whispered in Lily's ear that he had to call home to take care of something having to do with the pack. To which she nodded, and he walked out of the room.

Jackson didn't enjoy lying to his mate, but he wanted to speak with Cindy. He needed to find a way for Charlotte to come home with them. It wasn't right that his mate and her sister were torn apart so suddenly. He knew how it. Had affected his mate and getting Charlotte back was the least he could to in attempt to make her happy, to make both Charlotte and Lily happy. After everything, they deserved to have each other.