Chapter 1 - Echoes of Innocence

On an island off the coast of civilisation was a confidential research institute with the purpose of conducting medical research and statistics on the population. Or so the general public thought...

_______________________

Chief Director Jihyo

"It's good to see you, Jihyo. I've heard alot about you and the work you do here at the institute. I received your call yesterday. You said you had something to show me?"

"That's correct..."

Jihyo took off her glasses.

"I will be taking you to see a girl..."

"What? You called me here to see a girl?"

She nodded.

"But before that, I need to set some ground rules... There is a radius of 2 meters around her. Please do NOT go anywhere near it. And if you're wearing any loose items such as a necktie pin, a ring or anything of the sort, please hand it over to the security now..."

"What is the reasoning behind all of this?"

"If anyone or anything comes anywhere close to her"

"The people around will die"

The man gulped as Jihyo walked by.

"We've already had a case yesterday. Someone died because a pen was dropped within the radius. That's why we must be careful..."

Jihyo stopped in front of a giant locked door.

The man looked up and gasped.

"What is this?!"

"It's where we keep her..."

"Building this 20 meters underground just to keep some girl?? Aren't you guys overdoing it?"

"No. Once you know the true nature of her, you'll understand that not even this door can keep us safe... That's why we're in need of moving her to other facilities..."

"I don't believe this! This is just a waste of tax money!"

"We're short on that tax, so we called you here... Vice Minister..."

He looked at her as she stared at him. Her eyes were cold and serious. 

"S-So... What's in this thing?"