Chapter 19 - No Hope

"WAH! The snow is falling!! This is no good! It's going to be cold!!", Momo yelled.

"Momo, let's go home. This shelter is not going to keep you warm and it tends to get colder up in these mountains", said Sana.

Momo lowered her head with her back turned, hesitant to go back.

"I really want to have Kimchi Stew...", Sana sighed.

"EHH!? We're having Kimchi Stew today?!!"

"Yeah, Dahyun told me on the phone just then..."

Momo began drooling as she thought about how good it would be to have stew in the cold weather.

She quickly stopped and shook her head.

"No! No! No! I just don't have the appetite today!"

Sana felt that there was no other way to convince Momo.

"Momo... Do you really want to kill Mii?"

Momo bit her lip and gripped her skirt tightly.

"What if Mina is the murderer, but Mii doesn't know anything about it? If that's the case, I think the one hurting most..."

"Is Mii herself..."

Momo's eyes widened as she said this.

"What if Mii is struggling right now, knowing that she's killed people against her own will?"

"THEN TELL ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO?! WHAT ABOUT AVENGING JEONGYEON?! WHAT WILL WE BECOME IF MINA WERE TO KILL ALL OF US?! IF WE LEAVE HER ALONE, HOW MANY MORE WILL DIE?!"

Momo clenched her fists, wiping away her tears in anger and frustration.

"I think the most important thing now is to talk to Mii. Of course, she might be shocked at the truth... But if we do that, there might be a way to fix this. As I said, it won't work if you kill Mii all of a sudden. I mean, how would Chaeyoung and the others feel if they found out that Mii suddenly died? And... if you killed Mii..."

"You'd also become a murderer as well..."

"I don't want you to kill people, Momo...", Sana sniffled.

Momo's throat tightened as she tried her best to stay composed when the two of them were suddenly alerted by Boo, who hopped off the bench.

"Momo..."

They spun around to find Mii standing behind them. Her eyes were hollow and her face was pale white.

"Mina..."

"MOMO! DON'T!!"

Momo plunged Mii up against the tree by the neck, lifting her up with her Vectors as she gasped for air.