Chapter 21 - Deception

"Dahyun, how's Chaeyoung doing?"

Dahyun had called her Mother after Chaeyoung had been hospitalised after the incident.

"The Doctors said it didn't penetrate very deep. Looks like they used a solid bullet. There's a hole in her lung, but that's not as serious as it seems"

Dahyun looked down at Chaeyoung with worry.

"Despite that, she still hasn't regained consciousness. Though, she's been having nightmares from time to time"

"Nightmares?"

"She seems to have remembered something... Possibly something from the past, or perhaps even regained her memories."

"I see..."

"I'm sorry, Mother. You've let us borrow the house, but we've brought a lot of trouble to it"

"It's just some damage, but... for the time being, commute to school from home. Chaeyoung and the others too. That house is no longer suitable to live in. The smell of blood won't go away"

Dahyun gulped as her mother sighed heavily.

"I didn't expect you guys to be hiding a murderer..."

"No, Mii isn't that kind of..."

"Then, what's with that bloody scene? All the police who came to arrest the murderer were slaughtered, right? Thinking about the massacre that happened 8 years ago at the festival and in that Social Welfare Facility too... I'm not saying that the girl had something to do with it, but even a helicopter crashed into the yard this time. This has become quite the scene..."

Dahyun looked down with nothing else to say. She, herself, was questioning what was really going on and what Mii had to do with all of this.

As they both stood there silently, the door opened and Sana poked her head into the room.

"Ah, Sana. Are you doing okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. How is Chaeyoung's condition?"

"She still hasn't woken up, but her condition seems to be stable for now...", said Dahyun.

Sana nodded her head before looking over to the side to find Momo sitting in the corner dressed in full clothing and wearing a hat on her head.

"Momo, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm doing well. My wounds recover quickly", Momo smiled.

Momo looked down awkwardly.

"Because I'm different to you all...", she mumbled to herself.

"Momo..."

"I'm going to go to the bathroom for a bit", she stood up.

"Ah, okay."

Dahyun's Mother stared intently at Momo as she left the room.

Momo walked out and searched for the toilet.

"Uh... Where is it?"

She paced around for a moment but was afraid of getting lost, so she headed back to the room.

"I should ask Sana for help"

As she opened the door slightly, she heard them conversing inside the room.

"Is she alright? The girl that just walked out?"

She peaked through the gap to see who was talking.

"The murderer yesterday had horns growing out from her head as well, didn't she?"