The Next Morning

Somehow, that was the best sleep I had gotten in ages. I didn't need to worry about an alarm, and I guess I remembered to close my curtains last night too.

But when I heard light groaning, my eyes shot open.

Holy shit, Seonghwa and I must've fallen asleep.

I realized I couldn't wake him because he had his arms wrapped around me like I was his personal stuffed animal. If I had the luxury of moving, I definitely would've done so by now.

"Seonghwa." I whispered. I had a feeling this was about to be a challenge."Seonghwa, hey." I wiggled my body the best I could so I was lying on his chest. After two attempts, I gave up. Never in my life did I expect to see myself in bed with the person I once considered my enemy.

What I found even more strange was that I had a similar feeling of safety that Jungkook once brought me while being in his arms. But there were differences between the two. Seonghwa is gentle and won't even say a swear word if you asked him to. Although he's older than me, there's a sense of innocence to him that's uniquely his.

"Hmm?" He groaned, slowly waking up.

"Seonghwa, hey."

I know I'm overthinking it. Comparing the two strictly because they're the only men I've laid in a bed with in the last three years is ridiculous. But I can't help where my mind goes this early in the morning.

"Hey." I could tell he wasn't fully awake, but one thing is for sure - his morning voice is hot.

"You gotta go home."

He shook his head and held me closer. "Five more minutes."

"Do you even know where you are right now?" I smiled.

He nodded faintly. "Am I making you uncomfortable? I can leave."

"You're not, I just wasn't sure if you were."

"No, not around you."

I thought it was interesting how he said he specifically wasn't uncomfortable around me. I wonder if there was a deeper meaning to that? Or maybe he's just tired.

"Even though I called you a piece of shit?" I teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"See, if you gaslight me, I'll go right back to assuming it was you."

"Like I said, I would've picked you. So if I was going to talk to you, I would've done it properly. I messaged you the second I found your Instagram like a normal human being - not through some sketchy burner account."

"Would you pick me now?" I knew it was a bold thing to ask, but for some reason, I had an overwhelming amount of confidence around him.

"I would." He smiled, still keeping his eyes closed.

I slightly pulled away so I could get a better look at his face up close. This was something I never thought I'd be able to do. There was no denying, he's gorgeous.

"That's funny."

"Why is it funny?"

"Just because of the situation. I got told by fake you so many times that I never would've had a chance."

"That's what happens when someone tries to impersonate me - they don't know the truth. Or how I text apparently."

"No? You don't text like that?" I was only teasing because now that I've spoken to him a lot more, I know that's definitely not how he talks.

"I can show you if you want."

"Yeah? You'll give me your number?"

"You're very flirtatious, I hope you know that."