Concert Chaos

Today was finally the day. Minho and I are going to see Galaxy Star. More importantly, we're seeing the epitome of perfection.

Park Seonghwa.

"Does this outfit look okay?" I shyly asked Hyunjin.

The tension was still there after our argument last night, but at least we've calmed down.

"Of course it does. Like I said, you always look good. You think Seonghwa will spot you in the crowd?"

I could tell he was trying to right his wrongs by seeming supportive. It was nice for a change, but I wish it was a little sooner.

"You know...I don't actually think something like that would happen. I mean, you do know that, right? I wasn't delusional, I was just having fun."

"Oh." He mumbled, looking away from me.

"Trust me, my brain isn't rotting as much as you think it is."

"Look, Hongjoong, I'm sorry." He sighed, somewhat genuine. "I know I say a lot of fucked up shit and it's not right. I won't do that anymore."

"Thank you." I nodded. My phone repeatedly buzzed in my back pocket so I knew it was Minho giving me a call. "Hey." I smiled once I answered, changing my mood entirely. "Are you here?"

"Yup, come outside!" Minho replied.

"I'll be down in a second." I rushed out of my dorm as fast as I could, then spotted the car parked in front of the apartment building. "Hey." I got in, hanging up the phone, then buckled my seatbelt.

"I got you breakfast. I know it's a little late, but I figured you haven't eaten." He reached into his back seat and handed me a bag.

"Oh my god, thank you." I smiled widely.

While he drove to the arena, I ate everything he got me. This goes on to prove how Hyunjin is wrong about Minho. It's draining and I just wish they could be friends.

"So how'd your talk with Hyunjin go last night? You didn't answer my text so I wasn't sure if that was good or bad." He asked.

"It was fine." I shrugged. "We just get really worked up sometimes and I always get upset."

"Did you last night?"

"Yeah." I sighed, hating how things went down. "The second I compared him to my ex, it turned into a disaster."

"Comparing a friend and an ex? How does that work?"

I trust Minho. That was a feeling I had the moment we hung out alone for the first time. For him, it was instantaneous. For Hyunjin, it took much longer than that. I didn't tell him about Chan till three months ago where I thought I actually saw him. I rushed back to our dorm and started to have a panic attack; Hyunjin had no idea what to do. So that was the night I told him everything.

"My ex...is not a good person. He was abusive, he was angry, and he always took it out on me." That was the short version of the story. I'll tell him the rest eventually, but definitely not right before a Galaxy Star concert.

"Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that." I could tell he was genuine. "You're so sweet, I don't understand why so many people try to hurt you."

"I wish I knew too." I shrugged. "That's why I keep to myself nowadays."

"Do you think you let people walk all over you?"

"No, that's not it." I shook my head, knowing that absolutely wasn't the case. "I'm not really all that shy. I just like to stay focused without any distractions. I've been at JYP for seven years, friends have come and go. All of that has helped me prioritize the more important things."