The Day Before

"So there's only four people from 'Haelfein' participating in the tournament?"

Off in the dormitories, students roamed around the halls. Either spending time studying in their dorms, conversing with their classmates or friends, and training together for the tournament. Though, the most popular site for socializing had to be the cafeteria. They serve the best food one can imagine. An all you can eat buffet.

This proved to be a particular favorite place for Yuri. Just unlimited food to her liking. She indulges herself with rice and some honey glazed marinated chicken. With sesame seeds as garnish. This was her second serving, and she might go for one more.

"Yep." Yuri said while chewing food in her mouth, "Actually, possibly only three. One of them is the headmaster's descendant, Aziroth, I always see him by the library studying, nothing else."

"Well that's unfortunate." Enzo said next to her, the italian boy just watched his friend gobble up dish after dish in her chase to 'bulk', "But that's also good for us no? Easier victory for us."

In Front of them, Carmilo sat by the edge of the cafeteria seat, sharpening his rapier's tip, "Don't underestimate them. I know it looks tempting but still."

"But it's still three people." Enzo countered, "The less the merrier. Plus, what's the worst thing that could happen? Our class can win."

"Don't forget the other five classes." Carmilo mentioned.

He was right. It's just not their class 'Nironius' that was participating. But all the other ones. 'Firbol, Zyortis, Grinshar, Arlecant, and Silkaneth'

They were all in it together. Plotting their own moves and potential strategy. Hoping to impress the second and third years. Hoping that they would scout them for a magic path. And glory. That was another main factor. And for the class of Nironius, it was up to these teenagers to lead them.

Yuri, Carmilo, and Enzo had gathered at their table as usual. Discussing what to do. But they still awaited their fourth friend, and they find her running towards them, panting heavily as she holds up three different trays of food, "Hey guys-! Sorry I'm late."

"Zhu! There you are! What's with all the food?" Enzo turned to her, grabbing a tray off of her hands.

"I brought this all for you." Zhu sat next to Carmilo, "Just so you don't need to give up the table."

"Zhu, you didn't need to do that-"

"It's alright! Just forget it alright, I just did this to atone for myself being late. Anyways, what are we discussing?" Zhu leaned in.

" We were discussing the other classes. And about Haelfein. Due to the altercation some days ago, only four participants are allowed." Carmilo said, "These two find it beneficial news."

"But it is though?" Zhu tilted her head, she shared the same train of thought in her head, they could beat them.

"But do we even know ANYTHING about them?" Carmilo furrowed his brows at their optimism.

"I do in fact." Zhu drank her coca-cola first before answering, "Their names are Donovan, Gary, and Samuel. They just joined S-class last week and had already stirred up many people. The fight that ensued a week ago involved Gary and Donovan who fought most of Haelfein. They weren't punished. So they are still in the tournament."

"Who won?" Carmilo asked further.

"Well...people said it was a stalemate." Zhu said.

Yuri kept on eating her food as she watched Carmilo change expressions, "Then that's problematic. If they can go up against their own class and battle them on even footing, then they are a huge threat."