Bloodied Interferance

A beam of unhinged and volatile magic bursts forwards from the mouth of the monster. In unison, the trio held up their hand and chanted magic rapidly. Donovan utilising his tongue to spout three different protection spells at the same time. The hisses and bundle of whispers were erratic and desperate.

"Refuse!" Samuel shouted.

Gary followed his example and screamed his own spell, "Repel!"

Three separate barriers appeared infront of them. One was a flat white wall. The second was a circle of runes that furthered strengthened it. Donovan's triple spell fused three into one. Forming a wide barrier with runes. And summoning stones from the ground as extra protection.

The beam crashed onto every barrier formed by the trio. Hitting them with a scorching heat that plowed through the first defense and slowly broke down the others. The monster continued to shoot out the beam for a solid ten seconds before finally running out of power.

The barriers shattered into thin air as Donovan gritted his teeth, focusing his attention onto his missing arm, "Can you heal it? You need potions?" Samuel asked.

"No...No need...Damn it, it hurts like hell..." Donovan knelt down from the pain. The stump on his left side slowly began to grow muscle and bone again as Donovan quickly muttered multiple spells under his breath. It will take a while before it can fully heal.

"What the hell does this thing want..." Gary held up his hammer, watching carefully as the monster approached them.

"This...Must be the doing of someone else. It's targeting me only." Donovan said.

"The red hand?"

"Highly likely..." Donovan clenched his jaw again as his wrist is being reformed.

Speaking of the red hand. As all of this is happening, The one who managed the arena's settings started to pack up his items, his work here is done for now. Shoatan should have done their own. And now there's no reason to stay. They will have a few running over here to fix the settings. But he'll be long gone before that. And hopefully, the trio as well.

"Done and dusted." He turned towards the long dead worker. His body laying in a dry pool of blood, "Sucks to be you."

As the red hand began to walk towards the entrance, he pulled the door wide open, only to be met with a harsh sucker-punch right on the face. Sending him barreling towards a metal shelf from the sheer force of the punch.

"Agh...Who the fu..." He puts his head up to see his attacker. Through his daze, he could see a boy standing by the door frame. A student? It looks like one with his uniform. No, to be more exact, it's an S-rank student. But his outfit is different compared to the standard one.

"I knew I'd find a red hand scum like you here..." The boy spoke.

"Who are you, first of all...?" The red hand slowly stood up, "How'd you know I was here."

"Luck. And a good sense." He tapped on his head. The boy slowly approached the red hand, pulling out his scimitar from his hip.

"Is that so?!" The red hand threw a nearby box towards the boy.

He easily cut through the box with his scimitar before charging the red hand. He pulled out his daggers and swung wildly at the boy. He took a step back to avoid it and swung his scimitars horizontally.

The red hand member was too slow and ended up getting slashed across the chest, "Argh! Little shit!" He slammed his foot to the ground, red magic erupted in between them and let him take a second to observe his wound.