The Aftermath

Madhav watched through the cameras. Witnessing Donovan be carried to the nearby infirmary as numerous people surrounded him. Hoping he's fine. Gary, Samuel alongside some other people, including Sultan, had reassured everyone that he's fine. Just exhausted from using too much magic. Madhav must admit, from the short times he watched Donovan kill that creature, he showed levels of magic control and prowess that can only be present within the more experienced mages.

As he stepped out of his room, he found himself in the town's streets. For some reason, the security force room didn't have many connections towards the Arena. So he had to stay in a random inconspicuous room.

He began to stroll through the ruined street. He thought to himself, Samuel and gary were quite interesting people as well. He had never seen them in action like that ever before. But now he knows what they're capable of. And is glad that they are on his side. A nearby building was demolished. Almost as if someone had crashed through it. Madhav recalled hearing fighting outside, but kept quiet so they didn't know where he was. He did take notice of the odd yet powerful rumbles nearby.

Speaking of rumbling, he spotted the building that was in total shambles. Rubble strewn across the area. But something was odd about the destroyed building. If he can visualize it, all the nearby rubble inside and outside the building would have not been able to complete it and return it to its full glory. It's almost as if some pieces had disappeared entirely.

Just as he walked past that, he turned to the side of his alleyway. His chai and food immediately reached his throat the moment he laid eyes on the body. It was a man. Cladded in black and red clothing. Dried blood had seeped out from his neck as he laid against the wall.

"What the hell-?!" Madhav stumbled backwards, "Oh my god..."

In the midst of his shock, a hand reached out towards him and grabbed his shoulder. Causing him to jump away from the hand, "Ah! Who's there?!"

"Child. It's me..." The familiar and soothing voice quickly calmed Madhav down.

"Headmaster Avshino..."

"Yes...I'm here Madhav." He helped his student stand up from the ground, "What's wrong? What did you..."

Madhav turned away from the alley. Unable to bear the sight of the body. But headmaster Avshino took one quick look and quickly changed his demeanor, "Madhav."

"Yes...?"

"Try your best to forget about this. We'll clean that body up. But right now, return to your friends. I'll have a talk with you and your team later." Headmaster Avshino said, "Is that clear?"

"Yes..."

"Good. Now go."

Madhav kept his eyes away from the body as he ran through the broken and bloodstained street. Yet devoid of bodies. Hoping that he could forget that scene. But it's never leaving him. Anytime he closed his eyes, he saw it. The horrid and broken body of who was once possibly a great man.

Avshino on the other hand was conflicted on what to do. There's no other teachers who are aware of what's actually happening. It's only him, and the soldiers of Hanlerk. But sooner or later, the security force will find out. And he wondered what he and the trio would do.

But as of right now, he must dispose of the body. He walked up to it and held out his hands. This method is unorthodox, but effective. A light green glow emanated from his palms before it shot out towards the body. Shining him in a cone of magic that quickly shut down. Leaving no traces of him but a sizzling black spot where his body was.

"Now I wonder who did this..."

***

It had been a couple of hours after the attack. Donovan rested quietly in a hospital bed. Being watched over with most of his comrades. But the unfortunate part is that Elyssia, Rovanne, Matthew, and Aziroth are present. Leaving them in need to be cautious with their words.