She Who refused

"They're bloody everywhere!"

When the monsters were released in the arena, the panic and confusion nearly made everyone an easy pick-off. If it wasn't for Aziroth's quick thinking, there would be kids dead already. However, that's not the case right now. Aziroth had managed to coordinate the students into a defensive circle around the Haelfein area. Some of the Firbol and Nironius students remained to help.

Aziroth is barely managing however, as the onslaught of monsters was slowly wearing people down. Sooner or later, a kid would slip up, and die. Aziroth had been throwing ash bombs towards the horde. Slowly wilting it down, but his progress regressed immediately as more filled up the gap.

"Ah...damn-!" Aziroth furrowed his eyebrows, he turned to his right, seeing Enzo limping towards him with his rifle in hand, "Enzo..."

"Just protect the others...I need to find Zhu..." He grunted. Aziroth could still see the annoyed and disheartened look within Enzo. Who just wanted to fix the bond they had with their friend.

Before Aziroth could say anything, a creature jumped into view and tried to go for the killing bow against Enzo. Aziroth pushed him away and blocked the strike with his scythe.

Enzo reacted quickly and shot a bolt of lightning under Aziroth arm and blew its chest to pieces. More came around them. Aziroth pushed Enzo's head down and twirled his scythe before swinging in a circle around him. A long wide green arc cleaved through all of them.

"Show off..."

"Wasn't intended for it." Aziroth muttered.

But more kept on charging forwards. As if when one falls, two more appear to fill its place. Even with the amount of lightning bolts that Enzo shot out, or how many times Aziroth cuts them down, there's always more for them.

The two of them eventually were pushed back to the others. The kids who were injured were laid near the platform while those who can fight barely managed to hold the onslaught off.

But before their untimely death, their saviors had finally arrived. Coming in the form of a whole army of students charging through the crowd from one side. The rest of the participants had come. Under the lead of one girl.

"No way..."

"Enzo!" Yuri and Carmilo came running out of the crowd. Grabbing Enzo into a tight hug, "You're safe!"

"Gah-! I know-Let go of me...Too tight-" Enzo choked out.

Carmilo and Yuri let go of him, before spotting Aziroth standing some distance away, "Oh. Well...Hey Azzy."

"Hi."

Enzo could see the awkwardness as clear as day between them, and he decided to change the subject, "Where's Zhu? Have you seen her?"

"Is that her?" Aziroth pointed towards a corner, out stumbled the same girl they were looking for, appearing worse for wear with her clothing soaked in blood. Of her own or monsters? They're unsure which to decide.

But nonetheless, they were ecstatic to find her. Running towards ZHu and grabbing her into a tight group hug, "Zhu!"

"Agh-! Ow ow ow ow! Let go...please-!" Zhu choked out as well like Enzo.

They pulled back and let Zhu take a breath. But as she does, a sharp throbbing pain erupted on her chest. Leaving her breathless on the ground. The three knelt down to see what happened, "Zhu. You okay?"

"No..." She tried to stand up, but ended up falling down again. Her friends tried to find a potion for her, but they turn out empty handed.

Aziroth stood back and watched the whole event happen. Trying to see what he can do to help. But out of nowhere, a girl appeared next to Aziroth. Startling him for a second, "Woah- What the...?"