The Chosen

Karasu watched from a dark alley. Observing a few people dressed in black and red watching the chaos unfold in the arena and outside it from a far distance. He had counted around twelve of them. But he's confident that there are more. After all, the school is surrounded by a huge town. With around a hundred thousand people living upon large acres of land, it's no surprise that the red hand's claws are sunk deep within this country.

Karasu had his hood up. And kept his katana and tanto close by. The feathers of his crow cloak slowly swayed back and forth by the wind. The old taste of ash and blood hung loosely in the air. Karasu had associated that with the presence of the red hand.

As Karasu stood idle, he kept his ears open to their conversation, "Look at them go. They're trying to kill the alpha." A hoarse voice spoke.

"Oh really? And how are they fairing on with that?"

"Quite well. Someone just kicked it into a building." A woman's voice answered.

"Ooh. I shouldn't have seen that happen. That's too bad."

Most of the red hand were silent. Just watching the chaos unfold from a distance. They had covered the camera with a similar sticky substance that was put on the underground arena control room camera. This allowed them to freely watch their entertainment without worry of being caught.

"Mainly everyone should be there. Did any of you find some strays in this town?" A random red hand asked.

"Some. But they were just elder people. Too weak to walk all that distance. Hopefully, no one remembers them now. And maybe those who do die." One answered.

Hearing the death of elders made Karasu sick in the stomach. The way the non-chalantly dismissed the fact that they murdered the old in cold blood, hoping that any remembrance of them is snuffed out fueled Karasu's conviction.

Using a mirror he set up, he realized that there was a red hand member walking towards his direction. Near the alley, "I haven't taken a piss for a while now..." The red hand muttered. He soon placed his hand at the entrance of the alley, "Maybe this is a-Wait huh-"

SHICK

As quick as that, he was trying to find a place to relieve himself, but ended up choking on cold black titanium metal. His life was cut short from fates cruel hand and luck. Karasu grabbed the red hand out of view and pushed him against the wall. Before Karasu slid his tanto's blade across his throat. Freeing his dagger and watching him fall to his knees. He made sure that the red hand doesn't fall with a loud thump. As it could potentially alert the others. Great, now his clothes are stained with blood. How could he explain this later?

In this state of mind, not an ounce of regret could be seen in Karasu's eyes. He quickly wiped his Tanto before trying to think of his plan. Should he kill them? Dispose of them? But what can he do now?

"Yeah. Maestro wants us to continue with the monster summoning." A red hand spoke, "Keep everyone busy while the Gem General is off trying to kill our target."

That piqued Karasu's interest. As he slowly leaned into the alley exit, "Who was it again? Our target's name?"

"Donovan Cuana. I disagree with him being the number one target. His other two friends are a real nightmare." One answered, "Have you seen the boy with sunglasses? He caught one of our spies in the middle of the night! While cloaked!"

"That is a problem indeed. But what about the big one? For a fifteen or sixteen year old, he's a nightmare to deal with. I barely managed to avoid him when he ransacked one of our warehouses." A woman red hand spoke, "Crikey, they all are annoying. Did Maestro confirm it yet?"