Duene-Ordayiun part 2

A while ago...

"Come on Aziroth, get your bums up."

Donovan had made sure everyone was ready for a fight. Even Aziroth. Though, an odd feeling rested in the back of Donovan's heart. Like a vague warning to him. But he brushed that aside. There's no sign of impending doom other than a harmless attack.

Soon, Nironius entered the territory of Haelfein. Aziroth and Donovan jumped for the apparent leaders. A boy with a rifle and a girl with warfans. As they got in range, Aziroth attacked the rifle boy with his scythe. And Donovan the warfan girl.

As the other students around them attacked Nironius, Donovan made the first move with a jump kick that struck the fans, "Enzo!" The girl called out to her friend.

"Got it!"

Donovan's senses flared up as Enzo kicked Aziroth away and aimed his rifle towards Donovan, "Woah-!" A loud BOOM rang in Donovan's ear as a bolt of lightning shot out towards him.

Donovan had managed to evade it. Barely. He should get a bit more serious, He nearly got struck with it. It was as fast as one as well. Before he could react, The warfan girl came close and swung her warfans at him.

Donovan quickly held her hand and blocked it. She suddenly twisted and turned, throwing out an axe kick as Donovan let go of her hand. He took a step back and barely dodged her attack.

She continued off with it and began engaging him in close quarters. Exchanging blows and kicks with each other. Donovan had often seen this flexibility and fighting prowess from assassin's who trained all their life or even red hand members. Donovan was impressed with her skills.

"Hot damn woman!" Donovan sent out a straight kick before diving in and performing a short breakdance kick that sent her backing away, "Quite agile for someone like you huh?"

"Thank you. You're Donovan right?" She asked.

"Yeah. And you are?"

"I'm Zhu Shi." She answered, "Pleasure to finally meet you."

A short distance away from them, Enzo and Aziroth were in the middle of a heated battle with each other. Green magic is shot out everywhere as Aziroth relentlessly attacks Enzo, who managed to be light on his feet and dodge away.

"Never seen you fight often, Azzy!" Enzo said as he shot out a few lightning bolts towards Aziroth, "Gotta say, I've never seen anyone fight like you!"

"Is that a compliment?" Aziroth grunted as he twirled around and quickly slashed at Enzo, who blocked it with his rifle, probably a bad idea to do so.

"Yes! Gosh, do you ever talk to people? Can't pick up on a compliment now can you?" Enzo stomped the ground under him, lightning streams ran across the ground. Aziroth jumped upwards to avoid it, "You always spend your time hanging around in the library all to yourself! I hear people calling you a freak!"

"Let them! I enjoy being alone!" Aziroth swung his scythe together, sending out a green arc of magic. It exploded near Enzo, sending shrapnel his way that cut his skin and irritated his body, "Gaining knowledge is a much better alternative than social communication!"

"What use is it to the world if you hide it!" Enzo shouted as he gripped his hand. Forming a rod of lightning and threw it at Aziroth, "Why must you be selfish?!"

Aziroth barely avoided it, receiving a small nick on his face as he grit his teeth, "What are you sputtering about?!" Aziroth lunged in and swung diagonally with his green scythe. Pushing Enzo away.

"What the hell is your deal man! You weren't like this before! You always were cheery and an open arm to all of us! But what has gotten into you?!" Enzo landed on an archway and shot out more bolts of lightning from his rifle.