Eternal Sunshine pt 2

Matts POV

It had been a week since I heard that y/n was making a song. I could only imagine what its about. Nick said he really wanted to listen to it and as much as I don't want too, I want to hear it. I was incredibly nervous to though. It was about 10:30 and Chris and Nick were setting up blankets and snacks, even bringing Mr. Wrinkleton knowing I'll most likely need him. I was lost in my thoughts when Nick took me out of my daze "Matt, let's go bro" I got up off the barstool and made my way to the couch sitting down in-between Chris and Nick. Chris grabbed the remote and immediately went to Y/n's channel and we saw it. It had 42 million views in less than 2 days, just for a audio. I suddenly started to breathe heavy. Nick noticed and tugged my shoulder, handing me Mr. Winklenton. Chris then clicked on it. It started off with her standing there in a red dress and high heels, red was my favorite color on her, because it made her glow for all the right reasons. Chris puts his arm around my shoulder, and I try to calm down. The camera the cuts close up to her as she looks at the camera with teary eyes. The camera then dives down showing a bear in her hands as she brought it up hugging. 

" I don't care what people say, we both know I couldn't change you, I guess you could say the same, can't rearrange truth."

I hear her sing the words as I start to tear up. They sounded similar to the ones I said to her before our breakup.

Flash Back 5 months ago

I'm standing there as I took her in. I loved more than she would ever know, but the cheating stuff and ship edits were getting in the way. 

" I don't care what people say Y/n, I can't change anything" I say as I hear a low sob. She looks at me with tears streaming down as she looks at the floor "I guess you can say the same about me huh."

Flash forward to now...

I started to tear up as I finally realized the power of my words. I looked at Chris who also seemed down, same with Nick as the song continued. Y/n was dancing around and hugging the bear as I took everything in.

" I'll be the first to say, "I'm sorry", now you got me feeling sorry, I showed you all my demons, all my lies, yet you played me like Atari."

Flashback 5 months ago 

"I'm sorry Matt" she said as she followed me to the door. I turned around and looked at here as I opened the door and walked out. 

Flash forward to now....

I couldn't take it anymore. I jumped up and ran to my room, slamming the door making pictures fall off the walls. I sat on my bed as I put my hands on my head. I messed up.