Chapter 24

"We need to talk." - I muttered seriously.

The silence in the room lasted for a couple of minutes. I couldn't take my eyes off the food on the table, not because I'm hungry but because I'm curious why it's untouched.

"I didn't know you were coming." - she said, breaking the ice between us. 

"It's because I can't contact you."

She turned to me and said, "As I've told you, there's no signal here."

"I know," - I said, and I lazily sat down on the chair near the table. "I can't reach you, even Lara. That's why I made up my mind and came here to see how you are doing."

She pulled her own chair to sit in front of me in a ladylike manner. 

"Why do you look so serious, Grei? Did something happen?" 

"Nothing. I'm just overthinking."

Umawang ang labi nya at kumunot ang noo. Nagbalak syang magsalita pero hindi na nya tinuloy.

"I'm expecting that we'll hug each other because it's been awhile since the last time we talked," - I said and chuckled humourlessly. "But my mood died down the moment I saw the man come out of this room. Who's that? His face is not familiar to me, and I know for sure that he's not one of the staff here." - I continued to say. I don't want to beat around the bush. 

I don't want to keep this to myself. I might explode if I didn't get an answer today. And Rita's voice keeps echoing in my head; all the things she said in the restaurant keep coming back to mind. 

"Sya ba nag dala ng mga pagkain?" - dagdag ko pa pero pina normal ko lang ang boses ko. "Food delivery guy mo?"

Nakatitig lang sya sa mukha ko at hindi ko manlang mabasa kung ano bang emosyon ang nakapaloob sa mga mata nya. Kalmado sya hindi katulad kanina na gulat na gulat nang makita ako.

Hinaplos ko ang buhok ko at huminga ng malalim dahil pakiramdam ko nanginginig ang katawan ko.

Gusto ko mag wala ngayon pero hindi pwede. Malalaman nyang naalala ko na ang iba kong memories at kung maaari ay ayaw ko na bumalik sa ganon.

"You know, Cass...I actually came here because I saw the trailer. I want to talk about your role that you didn't bother telling me about. But first, be honest with me. Who's that man? And what's he doing in your dressing room?" - I said and clenched my jaw. 

Her eyes dropped to the table, and her fingers were tapping on her lap like she's nervous for something.

Seconds turned into minutes, and my patience was slowly dissolving into thin air. I stood up and was about to get out of her room to look for the guy when she suddenly spoke. 

"It's Luther. He's my ex."

Na unlock ko na yung pinto pero hindi ko pa totally binubuksan. Nakaramdam ako ng panghihina kaya naman nabitawan ko ang doorknob.

Should I feel happy that Rita wasn't lying to me? Or not, because Cass was being honest too. It's painful. 

"Are you having an affair?" - I asked without looking at her. My chest is heavy; I can't breathe. "Tell me, are you guys doing your love story here?" 

"What the hell?" - she said, and I heard her chair move. "I will never do such--" 

"Then what the fuck is he doing here earlier?! And why are you fixing your damn lipstick?! Kailan mo pa sya kasama dito? Araw araw ba ganito ang scenario? Bullsh*t! Mahirap ba talaga sayo na sabihin sa kanila na may asawa ka na?!" - singhal ko na ikinagitla nya. I fucking lost it! Damn it!