~Texting~

I reply within seconds, not a moment too late, for if I miss one notification it'll be my fate.

I am only needed when something is wrong so it's good that I know how to handle the wrong and give advice for the right, though they'd never come to me if they weren't in a fight.

If I don't answer now will they still need me? My hands shake in fear as I type faster than I can think, there is no time for games- I am relevant only for a mere second and then they are on their way.

I am not important enough to be reached out to, I am the last resort before they abort the issue at hand. It's troubling.

Just how quickly I respond is a bit unsettling.

But if they need me now who am I to ignore, for who knows when it'll happen again? I'll support whatever they need even if I don't agree.

It's not worth losing the few that I have over something that makes me momentarily mad.

So I respond no matter what just to hear the applause, of someone needing me, of having a cause.

alright

so reflecting back, I disagree with myself here but still thought I should post this one bc it is so painfully accurate.

I lost a lot of people between this poem and now, and I learned a lot by myself. I learned who I was and what I could tolerate.

I then met a ton of new people, online and in person, and realized that what I was clinging to was so unhealthy, I was being used.

I still feel that way sometimes but so does everyone

but your friends shouldn't only come to you when they need something, they should check up on you and be there for you.

and if you don't know anyone like that message me, I'll be your new friend.

we stand w Palestine