CH:12

When Felix called you and told you that Nora was fine, you felt a sense of relief as if a big weight had been lifted off your shoulders.

The way he talked, you kind of thought he knew about the goings-on at home, but then again, Nora didn't usually tell anything except to someone she trusted, and you knew Felix wasn't even her friend.

You pulled the key out of the bag and unlocked the door, placing your heels on the rug near the door, you entered the apartment.

The first thing you see is Kathy running around the living room like a chicken, dressed in nothing but her pair of black underwear,Lacey panty and a lacey bra.

You watched her strange behavior, wondering why she was acting so agitated.

"Kathy?" you spoke, her actions stopping as her eyes met yours.

"Oh , you came?" She said, before running back and forth in the living room again.

After a while you see her throwing the cushions on the sofa here and there and find her phone under one of the cushions.

A small laugh came out of your mouth, did she struggle so much that she couldn't find the phone? You shook your head.

You put your bag on the table next to you and walked into the kitchen as Kathy ran back to her room with the phone.
Filling yourself a nice glass of water, you downed it in one go, soothing your sore throat.

Placing the empty glass on the counter, you slightly massaged your sore neck from staring at your computer for too long.

But your attention went to Kathy's room when you saw her coming out, you were surprised to see her wearing a dress.
A strappy, black leather-like short tight dress that reached to her mid-thigh, matching black heels and red painted lips, her long black hair was pulled up into a messy bun.

"Are you going somewhere?" You asked, leaning your back against the kitchen counter as she tore her eyes from her phone to look at you.

"Well, there's this guy I just met at work and he asked me out." She shrugged and your eyes widened.

"And you didn't even tell me about having a boyfriend?"You crossed your arms over your chest, passing her a look of disbelief.

"Yah! There's no such thing," she said.
"He is just my work partner, We have a project together and we're going to discuss that as well."

"Are you sure it's just about work, I mean...." you trailed off, "Isn't it too much for a professional talk?" you stated, running your eyes from her head to her toes. It's definitely clear from her clothes that it's not just about work. You gave her a playful look.

"I just wanted to be pleasant, there's nothing wrong with that!" She defend herself, understanding your dirty look.

"By the way, where are you two going for the date?"you asked,

"First , it's not a date, and second He said about dinner, so maybe at a restaurant?"

"Is he handsome?" Your eyebrows wiggled and tilt your head to the side.

"Huh? Oh, yeh, He is- good," she muttered and you could see a pink blush rising from her cheeks. Thanks to her make-up, it is not visible much.

Suddenly her phone started ringing, drawing both of your attention to it.

"Oh, that's him, I'm going, there's some food in the fridge, heat them up if you want, bye." She hurried towards the door.

"Have a great date!" You yelled as the door closed behind her, but to your surprise the door opened slightly again and Kathy's head peeked through the gap.