CH:23

"You? Why are you here?" I asked the person I never expected standing at my door.

Did God send this man to my doorstep because the shits that happened to me today were not enough?

Now I have to deal with him? With the most arrogant man I have ever seen in my entire life.

More than anything, how the hell does he know where I am?

Right...he must have found my whereabouts from the person who gave him my number.

My eyes scanned his presence again, he was wearing all black. A black tee and a pair of black pants. A black mask with a black cap. Just like a thief going to break into a bank in broad daylight.

He didn't say anything to my question and forcefully gave me the bag in his hand. "What is this?" I asked confused.

"Food."

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, he entered the apartment without my permission. His eyes went all over the small apartment that was home to me and Kathy, nothing special to see. There are only two rooms, a small kitchen and a living room.

I quickly closed the door. He is sitting on the white sofa as if this is his home. The mask and cap are resting on the surface of the sofa next to him. His eyes roamed around the apartment and finally landed on me looking at him.

"If I'm not mistaken, you should be in the company at this time, shouldn't you?" he asked, looking at me intensely.

"I'm off today." I said coldly. I still don't want this man to break into my apartment like this.

"Why are you here?" I asked the first question again.

"I'm hungry." He said making a frown come between my eyebrows.

"So?"

"There is food in that bag. Serve." He said crossing one leg over the other. No. No. Scratch that. He didn't say.  He commanded.

Who does he think he is, to come to my place and command me as if I were his servant.

I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, I only promised you that I would cook dinner. Not now. And why did you come here with the food? You can go home and eat, right?"

"One, there's nothing for you to cook here. Two, I'm too tired to eat alone." He shrugged, and I caught the playful expression lingering in those deep eyes.

"How do you know I'm home today and where I am?"

"It's a secret." He shrugged again, showing his arrogant smirk.

A sigh escaped my lips. There is no point in talking to him.

"Wait here. I need to put on a dress."

I told him while placing the bag on the small dining table in the living room.

"Wait."

Just as I was about to go to the room, I stopped because of his voice and looked at him.

"I'm hungry. Serve."

"But I need to get dressed, wait a minute." I tried to go to the room again but I stopped when I heard what he said next.

"It's not like I've never seen you without clothes, and you're not naked either."

He said without changing the cold tone of his voice.

I felt my ears were red and burning. I turned to him, and his straight face showed no movement. How can you say such a twisted thing with such a straight face?