[12]

When the two of them went to have lunch together, Masato slid a small packet towards her which confused her. "What is this?"

Masato smiled at her "While I was trying to find a way to get you out of your coma I did a bit of digging about the soul mate program that's going on right now. And everything that I found out is in that packet, I figured that you'd want to know what I found out so you can be more knowledgeable about what's going on. Especially now that you're twenty-one, I've seen those who have been paid to watch over you. It seems like the government doesn't take things too lightly when it comes to females being in the hospital."

"I can only imagine, the only reason I have people watching over me is because of what females can do that males can't." Rei said with a sigh

"You aren't wrong with that, I read a lot about why this has come to be. And it seems like the reason behind it is, is because of the lack of birth rates coming from our generation. It's supposed to help raise the birth rate. Of course many people our age have spoken up saying they don't like what has happened but the government doesn't care." Masato said shaking his head

"Of course they don't care, we are just cattle to the government. Why would they care about us?" Rei said before their food came to the table. As they ate their lunch, Rei read what Masato had given her. 

|Soul mate Doll operation; This operation will make it so one (1) male will be predetermined to be with one (1) female by pure mix of years. The years 19xx-19xx will be the first generation to test out this operation. All females who come to be the age of twenty one (21) will be watched over by two(2) different government paid officials until the signs of being pregnant. Then they will be able to live their lives in peace.

This operation is to raise the rate of children being birthed. This operation is one of four different operations that may be used to get the birth rate up. Once the birth rate is to where it needs to be all operations will be halt and seized. 

These are the rules of the Soul Mate Operation; 

-All male children at the age of ten will be given a chip shot that will correlate with a plush doll that will be given to a woman at random. 

-Once the woman is of the age of twenty one (21) the chip will then activate at the sudden skin contact of the female on the plush. The plush and male will act as one, once the male has consensually touched the doll, the only way the doll can work again is if the female kisses the male then the doll within twenty-four hours apart from one another. 

-The couple may only be able to have children if the plush doll is active, otherwise there will be no way to activate the reason the duo are together.|

Rei stopped eating and placed her chop sticks down reading what she had. "This has to be some type of joke." 

"Sadly it isn't. I had talked with two of my senpai's at Shining agency. Kotobuki senpai and Kurosaki senpai both have their soul mates and they attested for what that says." Masato said shaking his head

Rei furrowed her eyebrows a bit seeing what she had on the second page of the small packet. "This is nonsense, how could they do something like that?"

Masato placed his hand on the top of hers. "It'll be alright, we have time. Keep reading."

She took a deep breath and nodded her head before she continued reading what was written. 

|-The couples that are done up every year have two years to birth at the least one (1) child, if they don't they will be forced to separate and the female will be executed, while the male will be given to someone else instead. If within those two years they do have children, they will be able to live their lives as they wish.|

Rei rubbed between her eyes. "I have two years to figure my shit out or I die...what the hell?"

"I don't believe you have much to worry about, I can handle anything your life tosses at you. I'll always be at your side to help you out Rei."

Rei looked at him stunned. "A-Are you sure?"

"Very sure. I just need you to trust me."

She furrowed her eyebrows a bit before she let out a sigh "When we get a break, we're going to see my parents and siblings. If you can hold yourself up around them and show me that you can protect and stand up for me. I will express myself to you and I will do what needs to be done so we don't end up parting ways from one another."

Masato smiled at her and nodded his head. "Of course, I would also like it if we exchange numbers so we can be in contact with one another."

She nodded her head and got her phone from her purse. "Sure thing."