[14]

It was three days before Rei and Masato had a day off from working, on that day Rei had Masato come over to her apartment so he could be with her for support when she went to call her mother to come over. She didn't want to be rude and come over if they were busy with something else. It didn't take long for her mother to answer the phone.

"Afternoon Rei, it's been a while since you chose to leave us. How has life been for you? Did you get your soul mate yet?"

Rei knew that the soul mate thing would be placed out, so she let out a sigh. "Yes mother, I did. And that's actually why I'm calling you. I'd like for the family to formally meet my soul mate. Is today okay for us to come over?"

"Oh? You actually wish to grace us with your presences?" her mother asked sarcastically

"Am I or am I not allowed to come over tonight cause it won't be for a while that I'll be able to get a day off from working again to have you all meet him. I'm not dealing with no sarcasm or nonsense today mother." Rei said as she rubbed between her eyes

Her mother was quiet for a moment before she sighed out. "You can come over, lets see if this soul mate of yours can handle our family. Come over whenever." She said before she hung up

Rei placed her phone down and looked at Masato. "And now you have a bit of what I've dealt with all of my life."

"so I'm hearing, do your parents usually gaslight you like that?"

"Yes, all the time."

Masato got up and he placed his hand out to her. "Then let's go and show them just how different things are now that you have me."

Rei let out a sigh before she nodded her head. "Alright...let's get this over with." she said as she placed her hand in his.

Rei then drove the two of them to where her family lived, when she parked her car in the drive way she turned it off and took a deep breath. "This is going to be so nerve wracking..."

Masato placed his hand on her arm softly. "Just like the other day- I promise you that I will do what I can to protect you from anything they may say or do to you."

Rei gave him a small smile and nodded her head. "Alright, well let's get going. The sooner we do this the sooner my anxiety will go down."

When they got out of her car, they went to the door where Rei had knocked on the door. The door soon opened only for Rei to see her elder twin brother. He gave her a toothy grin seeing that she actually came back. "Well-well, look what the mousey dragged in."

Rei narrowed her brown eyes at her brother. "Are you seriously calling me that?! Just let my boyfriend I in you dope!"

"Boyfriend?" The male said before he realized she didn't come alone. "Well shit you didn't come alone."

The male opened the door more before Rei held onto Masato's hand tightly as the two of them went inside. When they did, her three other brothers stopped messing around with one another when they saw Rei come in with a male.

"Rei? You actually got the nerve to come back?" One of them asked

"Hi to you too Aoki, are you three morons done being morons? I need to speak with our lazy parents where are they?"

"In the back like usual. Mom made mention you'd be coming over today and that you might be bringing over a male, but none of us thought she was serious." Haruki stated 

"Well surprise little brother." Rei said rolling her eyes before she looked at Masato. "Masato these four are my brothers. Eldest to youngest it's Akio, Ren, Aoki and Haruki. Ren just so happens to be my elder twin brother and the one that dared me to be in Saotome Academy."

"I see, so he's the reason you went through so much in that school." Masato stated looking at Rei

Rei nodded her head. "Mhm."

Ren raised an eyebrow at Masato "What are you talking about?"

"It is rather obvious that none of you truly care about your sister, be it elder or younger. All of you have endangered your sister in one way or another. The fact that you've dared your precious sister to do something, that she obviously could do shows just how much you don't wish to protect your sister. If you can't protect her-what makes any of you think that when you all get selected to be around a female that you can protect them? That female is going to look at the relationship all four of you have with Rei and realize that you all are horrible men towards the only woman in your lives." Masato said seriously

All four males looked down ashamed of themselves as Rei looked at Masato stunned that he was able to put them in a sour mood like he was. Rei took Masato to the back where her parents were talking with one another. The duo stopped seeing Rei coming out of the house with Masato, her mother got up only for Rei to stop walking and hide herself behind Masato. Rei may be the eldest of the two-but that didn't mean she wasn't afraid of her own mother.

Masato saw this and didn't move, he wanted to know why Rei was afraid of her mother. She never wrote anything previously about her mother, so he had no knowledge about the fact that she was afraid of her mother. Her mother let out a sigh seeing that Rei had hidden behind the taller male.

"Harawa Rei get your ass from hiding you stupid piece of shit child. I'm not going to hurt you."

Rei shook her head refusing to leave behind the protection of Masato, he promised he'd protect her. So she wasn't going to go anywhere without him close by. The elder raven haired female ran her hand through her hair. "Don't make me pull you from there, you wanted to come here so get the hell over here!"

"N-No! You're just gonna hurt me and beat me up like you've always done!"

Hearing the words that Rei said it was obvious that her parents-well at least her mother was abusive towards her. The male figure got his sunglasses off of him and sat up. "Kyoka you told me you never placed your hands on our daughter."

"I never did, she lies!"

"No you're in denial, all four of us have seen you beat the hell out of Rei just because you don't like that she kept telling you 'no' when she wouldn't do your job of raising us. You've never cooked or cleaned a day in your life after Rei and I turned six. You had her do everything and took credit for everything she did-but if she didn't do anything properly that's when you blamed her for not doing what you said properly when it's your own damn fault for being a shitty ass mother towards us." Ren said seriously as the four boys came out to the back

"Ren how could you!?"

"Rei has a good guy with her, and you aren't going to be making a fool out of her just because you don't want to do things anymore. You're our mother not her! Rei is Akio and I's younger sister and Aoki and Haruki's elder sister! But she's been acting like our damn mother because you haven't been! All you do is sit on your ass and drink all damn day!" Ren said angered

Rei looked at her brother stunned, the elder male got up and sighed out. "Rei what's the name of your soul mate sweetie?"

"H-Hijirikawa Masato...."

Both of her parents stiffened up hearing the name before her mother instantly just sat down and placed her drink down feeling ashamed of herself. Rei's father let out a sigh and rubbed between his eyes. "Masato my boy, you've been taking good care of my daughter yes?"

"Yes sir, I have."

"Good, I'm glad to hear it. I know it'll take a bit before she'll trust you or say loving words towards you. Her mother wasn't rather good at doing her job and it seems like her brothers are finally starting to see that. You have my blessing to stay with her as long as you never make my little girl cry or harm her intentionally."

Rei teared up hearing her father speak before she hugged him tightly. Masato smiled seeing that she at least had a good connection with her father figure. Masato bowed his head respectfully towards the elder male. "Thank you sir, I don't intend to make her cry or harm her in any way shape or fashion."

"I'm glad to hear those words from you. Now come sit, tell us how you two met and how you two found out that you two were partnered with one another."