18 - "meri beti"

Akansha POV -

- Time skip (2 days later) -

Here I was standing infront of big clothing store, I was here with mine and his family and our bestfriend's.

Taking a step inside the workers welcomed all of us.

"What you are thinking to wear on your wedding? Lehenga? Saree? It anything else?" Avyansh's mother, I mean soon to be mother-in-law asked me, I didn't replied and looked at the shelf of clothes.

She took a deep breath and kept her hand on my shoulder, "beta chalo hum dono samne Wale coffee shop mai chalte hai!" She said, i slightly nodded.
(Dear, let's go to the coffee shop across the street.)

"Tum abhi avyansh ke liye kapde dekh lo mai meri beti ke sath coffee pekar aati hu!" She said to avyansh's father and uncle smiled.
(You go look for clothes for Avyansh now, I am going to have a cup of coffee with my daughter.)

I looked at her and smiled softly when she addressed me as her daughter, the moment my mother-in-law addressed me as her daughter, it fills my heart with so much love and warmth. It's like a sweet embrace that reminds me of the close bond I share with my mother. The term "beti" carries a sense of family and belonging, making me feel truly cherished and accepted. It's a simple gesture, yet it holds so much meaning and makes me feel like I'm a valuable part of her life.

When my mother-in-law called me "beti," it warms my heart and makes me feel so loved and accepted. It's like a beautiful reminder that I'm going to be a part of there family, and it creates a special bond between us. The term "beti" carries so much warmth and affection, making me feel like I belong and that I'm cherished. It's a simple gesture that holds a lot of meaning and makes me feel truly valued and appreciated.

She held my hand and dragged me outside of the shop.

Now here I was sitting in coffee shop at the second floor, the shop was mostly empty, we both were sitting beside the window.

"Beta?" Her voice brought me back out of my chain of thoughts.

"Haan boliye aunty!" I said.
(Yes, what happened aunty?)

Her smile faded, she looked deep into my eyes.

Can't she understand that I'm in pain? I am hurt by her only son.

The waiter arrived and kept the coffee mugs on the table, he bowed to both of us and left.

"Shadi ke faisle se khush to ho na tum?" She said with concern.
(Are you happy with the decision about the marriage?)

"Nahi!" I spoke in a cold tone and gazed at the coffee mug and took my coffee to my side.
(No!)

I lifted my eyes, I could see the small beads of tears in her eyes.

"Please don't cry aunty!" I said and kept my hand on her hand which was on the table.

"Beta, mujhe maaf karna ki maine tumse puche bina ye shadi ke bare mai baat ki!" She said and wiped those small tear drops in corner of her eyes.
(Dear, forgive me for discussing this marriage without asking you!)

"Hmm" I said in low voice.

"I know it is hard for you, but believe me, avyansh is a good man he'll keep you happy and I promise we'll never make you feel left out, you know Priya? Avyansh ki behen.... She cried alot when we fixed her marriage, she denied but somehow we all manage to make her agree to this marriage and now she is thankful to us, she is lived by everyone in her in-laws house, everytime arrange marriage isn't bad!" She said, she took a breathe and was going to say something when I interrupted.