Chapter ten

We continued our journey without Ringo

We continued our journey without Ringo. I mean he was a nice and funny guy but I could understand why Mizu didn't want him to travel with us.

She was on the path of revenge.

We stood in front of the gates to another twin when we heard yelling.

"Let's see your pass. Next! Come on."

"What is this? A bribe? Are you trying to bribe me? Arrest him and flog him!"

I watched some guards grab the man and drag him away. He had the exact pass as we did.

"No! No! Please!"

"Hey, where's your pass?" I quickly looked up.

"Right here. Travel pass for three. Just us three boys traveling together, like always. Heading to my buckwheat dealer. Fresh shipment from Horokanai. The best!

"Come on, you."

"My apprentice. He's a bit dim. And her she is our apothecary.

"Next!"

"Useful! I told you."

I smiled:"Wow Ringo you saved us."

I side hugged him.

"You will not find what you seek at my side. I am owed my revenge, and I will have it at any cost."

"Huh! I love revenge."
Mizu sighs:"It is a demon's path littered with death."
"I'm not afraid. I can train, and I can help you. I'm already the greatest in the world at one thing. What's one more?"

"Noodles is not war."

"My whole life has been a battle."

Finally Mizu agreed.

"I'm an apprentice!"

"So, where do we go to get your revenge?"

"I need a boat."

"Ooh! A revenge boat."

We searched for villagers but no one was here, they seemed to have some festival, Ringo wanted to see what's going on while Mizu wanted to go train. I followed Mizu,

I sat behind a big stone so you couldn't see me from behind.

Suddenly there stood four men,
the four fangs

"I don't know you, we have no dispute."

"You have enemies now. Rich ones. You can take off those things. We know what they hide. We know who you are. All Kyoto is talking about the unnamed samurai who cut through Shindo Dojo."

"I have a name."

"No one will ever know it."

"Dojos fight to boast. Warriors fight to kill."

They fought and Mizu killed all of them but I still hid behind a stone hoping that no one will see me until I saw a tall man towering over me.

He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up making me yelp and plead for him to let go he pulled me in front of Mizu making me bend my back in a kind of unnatural way.

"Put you weapons down, now!" He told Mizu.

Mizu didn't do it immediately so he slammed my head into the rock making my vision blur. I felt hot tears roll down my face as it hurt. My head throbbed and im pretty sure it was bleeding.

"Do you want her to die?" He pulled me up showing he would slam me into the rock again. I knew if he did that again it would be fatal. He was just about to slam me back down when Mizu let her katana fall down.

"Fine now let her go!"
I threw me in front of Mizu and she quickly knelt down to help me.

The fang leader went to attack again wich Mizu noticed and then she threw her sword at him wich killed him.

She picked me up and then this Taigen guy came out of nowhere but before anything could happen everything went black.

_____________
This is so short but it took so long T-T