Chapter twenty five

"Run! I swear to god Aoi if you don't run away now I'll fucking leave you to die!"

It was all so overwhelming.

I couldn't think right.

I can't leave her alone now.
But if I stay I'll risk what we had.

It was like her shouting and the sound of the fire destroying the once powerful building where tuned out.

But I could hear my heart and I could swear it was never beating this loud.

I can hear my breathing, and how it was so shaky, how I wouldn't even get one breath in without it hitching.

My eyes wouldn't focus on one thing it was all blurred.

And I was sweating, yes, I was sweating. It was so hot in here. I can't think straight.  I can feel the fabric of my kimono stick to my back and my arms, my chest, my stomach, my legs, thighs.

Please make this stop.

"Run!"

And I ran.

I tried to get out of here.

I ran down the stairs and I saw I was getting near the exit.

Before I cold go down the stairs further the ceiling above me fell down and the fire spreads through the room.

I tried to go back only for a big piece of wood to fall down and tackle me down.

I tried to get up but I felt a heavy impact on my legs.

The big piece of ceiling was now on my legs trapping me.

The ceiling crunched and I could tell it would fall down on me.

I still tried to get my legs out and move but I was weak.

I always was.

I would die.

What did I even achieve?

I felt my eyes burn from the smoke and my throat getting dry.

I startet to cough.

Was this the way I would die?

After serval moments I stopped trying to escape. Now I was laying on the floor staring up at the ceiling waiting for it to fall.

I always knew I was weak and I wasn't capable of things but right now I feel pity.

I pity myself.

I am a bother.

I.

Always.

Was.

I'm weak and can't even fight.

And right now I don't believe any word Mizu said to me about me being helpful.

Because what is so special about having a little nurse at your side always ready to stitch you up.

Maybe that's what they liked about me.

How obedient I was.

And now, when I was told by Mizu she loved me so many times, I'm still laying here mowing I would die alone.

I hated my family, but I regret I never said goodbye to my siblings a last time.

Even tho my parents never said it I wish I would have said 'I love you' to them one last time.

I'm alone.

And I'm crying.

I'm pathetic.

I blinked and it was all blurred I see the black spots clouding my vision.

And then it was black.

I can't see anything I can't move.

I can feel the fire on my legs burning my skin away.

I feel a hand under my neck and one under my knees as I feel the heavy wood get liften up.

I want to open my eyes but I can't.

It all went numb.

___________
Ok.
So what do you think? 😃
Little short but anyways I hope you liked this and guess who saved Aoi.....

Or you can just continue my chapter because it's not the end 🥳

Third person POV

Waves crashing against the wood.
Bird flying over the water almost touching it ever so lightly.

The sun glistening on the waves of the sea.

Nothing but sea everywhere you look.

Blue eyes watching the blue sky.

Mizu was standing on the deck of the ship.

She got the better view while Fowler was rotting inside in a cell.

On their way to London.

Leaving Edo entering a new world.

Without any doubts Mizu just leaves.

Leaving Ringo behind, Akemi, Taigen, Master Eiji her home.

Not her love.

Aoi, who was still unconscious.

But how will Mizu tell her that she took her from her home and is going to bring her to a place she is not familiar with?

Where she doesn't speak the language?

And where she will look strange?

When this is a fear she always had?

Not fitting in.

And as much as Mizu tries to deny it, it breaks her to do that to her dear Aoi.

But Mizu is going to get her revenge.
And I'm a strange satisfying way she is seeing forward to this.

Finally avenging 'Mama' who she now knew wasn't her real mother and that she survived. Much more avenge herself.

Find out about her real mother and the mister that created her.

Time skip

It was now dark outside and Mizu is now sitting on the bed with her lovers head on her lap.

It started to worry her that it's been nearly two days and she still didn't open her eyes.

Her breathing was slow.

It gave Mizu a calming feeling to caress her hair so if she would wake up right now he wouldn't be scared.

To be honest Mizu was horrified when she found Aoi. Under a pile of burning woods with only wheezes that are supposed to be breaths came out of her throat.

The burns on her body.

It terrifying for her and she hates to admit it but she was scared.

After a while Mizu stopped moving her fingers through Aoi's black long hair.

"Don't stop please."
Mizu heard a light whisper.

She shot up looked down and saw Aoi looking up at her.

"You are awake!"

Immediately Mizu hugged her and Aoi hugged her back.

"Where are we Mizu?"

"On a ship."

"A ship? To where?"

"London."

"What?"