After The Hoops

After everyone is discharged the next morning, I bump into him again. This time I'm with Grandma and Logan. It makes me wonder what he's doing in Hartford. We didn't get along at Chilton. Time changes things. Maybe he's not so reckless and impulsive now, or at least I hope not.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I'm sore but okay." Both the men are looking at me with joy and relief. Logan wraps his arm around my shoulders. "We're just going to shop for the baby and have brunch"

"A baby? Wow."

"I know." I can't help but smile. Logan is the best boyfriend I've ever had. He's always been exciting and he encourages me. He likes the way I smell books. I mean everyone thinks it's strange. Including him, but it still makes him smile. "He proposed last night." I hold up my hand, letting my ring shimmer in the sunlight.

"He picked the ring out well. It suits you. Not too much, not minimal. It's simple."

"Rory is going to be an excellent mother. I just have this feeling."

"Mrs. Gilmore, I was so sorry to hear about Richard. He was a good man."

"Yes, he was. Thank you."

Tristan turns his focus to happier topics. "Congratulations. I'm happy that you are doing well. I'm hearing from Emily that you're a journalist. Do you like it?"

"Yes. Once the baby comes, I am not sure what will change, but I'm excited to see Logan as a father."

"When are you getting married?"

"We haven't investigated the details yet." I grin at the thought of our wedding. Nothing is set in stone, but I love the adventure.