Welcome Home

Ace loads Lo into the car after standing in front of the hospital's wheelchair. Lori's wide awake and cooing at her Mommy. I love the sight. Ace raises the infant canopy and buckles her seatbelt. "Ready."

I copy Ace. She admires our daughter as I drive. She's paying no attention to the view. "Logan, she has your eyes!!" Ace giggles. I smile. Lately, she's been saying that our eyes are fire and ice and that's her favorite thing.

Today, we start our new life. Our new chapter. "Here we are!" Ace doesn't even look up. "Ace?"

"Yeah?" She finally looks at the world. "Logan? Why are we at Grandma's?"

I grin, looking back toward my girls. I exit my Porsche and offer my hand. Ace takes the car seat out and then takes my hand. We walk around the engine. My girl has this look of awe on her face. "I bought it. It's signed over me. It's for you, for us. So you can always feel like you're safe, always feel Richard and the memories you've created here."I had everything set up while we were at the hospital."Ske cups my face in her hands and kisses me. The kiss is soft and passionate.

"Do you wanna go inside? I'll cook dinner, and brew a pot of coffee for you." She grins and nods excitedly before galloping inside. I follow, then flip the lights on. "Welcome home, girls." My cell phone rings. I view the caller's identification this time. It's Honor. "Hey!"

"Hello, baby brother. I ran into Emily and heard that you bought the Gilmore house for your girls. Congratulations!"

"Thank you! As soon as we get settled, we'll invite you for dinner!" We enter our new dwelling. Then I brew the coffee. Ace isn't breastfeeding, so it's safe. "See you soon."

"I'm looking forward to seeing your new place and my niece."

As she drinks her coffee, we get our newborn ready for the night and tummy time on my chest.