Surprise Catch Up

I slide my daughter into my sister's arms. The joy in her eyes as Lori snuggles close.

"Are you okay?"

"No, but, uh, I'll get there..." her breath trembles. "... eventually." She rubs my daughter's back and the newest Gilmore coos. I look over at Ace and then dim the lights.

Rory is resting behind us as we chat quietly. She was in labor for 24 hours and she's completely exhausted.

"Hey?" She interrupts my train of thought.

"Hmm?"

"You and Dad. What happened between the two of you?"

"He tried to get me to leave Ace and Lori. He tried to bribe me into it. I cut him off."

"Oh God. Well, that's our father. But you love those two more than anything. You wouldn't abandon them."

"You're right. On another note, I will always be your big sister. I will always love you, and you will have a happy life."

"Logan," Rory calls. "Logan, we need a plan." I go to the best woman to ever exist in my world.

"Shhh. We can talk about that after you get some rest. Don't worry about it."

"Call Emmy." Ace is groggy as she discusses her grandmother. It makes me smile. I think her hand and smooth it with my fingers. "Maybe... we can stay with her in the guest house until we have a place."

"I will. Get some rest." I sit down a few feet away next to my sister

"Logan?" I face her. "Take her." My sister shakily slides my child into my arms and slams into the floor before convulsing and foaming at the mouth.

"Help!" I give the baby to my wife and then roll Honor on her side while nurses rush in.