Trust Issuses

I'm flabbergasted. Stutters tickle my lips. Logan huffs. "For what? What do you want?" He looks furious. He releases my hand and steps in front of me. I feel safe and protected.

"In exchange, you would be raising the baby as a single mother."

"No! Never!" Logan and I shout as a team. I believe he'll step up and prove that he's father type. I know he's not going to listen to this.

"I'm not leaving her, and I am not going to walk away from my child! This is our child! Back off!"

"You can't ignore this life. You have family obligations!" Logan's father advances a few steps towards me. His eyes are sharp and full of fire that could obliterate anything in its path.

Logan growls and steps in front of me, blocking the man who helped create him.  "Family?! My family, my life is Rory and the baby! My obligation is to them! Screw the Huntzberger duties!"  The way he's defending me, us, it makes my heart melt! I notice my knight in shining armor gulp. Except he's not afraid. He's determined. My inference is that he's not afraid of losing his parents to be with me.

I feel overwhelmed. I step outside safely without a trace. A few deep inhales enter my lungs and a couple of tear drips fall from my eyes. I know how they feel about me, but I wasn't emotionally prepared for this reaction.

The wind around me is brisk with a whistle. I begin to hear footsteps. Ergo I clean my face of mascara streaks with my sleeve.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be."

"My brother loves you... so much. He's never fought for anyone until you. He wouldn't trade you, or this baby for anything."

"Ace?" I turn to Logan with a tilted head. He sighs and meets me. "Will you marry me?"