New Sights: Part 2

There's another knock at the door a few minutes later. Logan takes an extremely low inhale and looks out the window closest to the front door. This time, he looks back at me and smiles as bright as the summer sun. "It's her!" Logan practically runs to the door, pulling it open. "Hey, you!" Honor has a bright and ear-to-ear smile on her face.

"Come in." Her brother moves aside to allow her entry. Honor pops her front wheels up, putting pressure on the main wheels to pass the threshold. "I promise you, I'll get a ramp so it isn't that difficult for you."

"Hey. I'm supposed to worry about you. Not the other way around, baby brother." She looks at me as I stand with our daughter in my arms.

She gasps, "Hello there, baby girl." My cell phone rings. I turn it to vibrate. I will not let my daughter be put through an whenever it's convenient for him sort of relationship. Lori coos in Honor's arms. I smile, my heart melting at my view. Logan sits next to them.

"We ordered pizza. It should be here soon. We kept it simple. Plain cheese," I inwardly laugh at my slight awkwardness. The door knocks as Logan pours his and my usual drink. Champagne. His favorite at this point is likely bourbon. It's now seven o'clock on a beautiful Wednesday night. Lor fusses. So I retrieve a bottle and begin that process as Honor bounces the baby gently. When it's ready, I give my sister-in-law the bottle. The doorbell rings for the announcement of pizza and we dig in as a family while Lor naps in her swing.