15. Dropped a bomb (or a son?)

(Mood songs of the chapter: 'Titli' [Chennai Express] and Luka Chhupi by Lata Mangeshkar & A.R. Rehmaan.)

+++

Prakriti stood beside her bed and picked up the vessel of water , as soon as the first drop of water touched her tongue , she felt the saline taste which made her cringe internally followed by a laughter from behind the door 
"I knew you'd fall for it bwahahahahahah" said Niyati , almost tearing up with laughter ,
"now you just wait Niyu , I'll show you " said an angry Prakriti, running towards Niyati. Their voices echoed within the hallways. The workers and servants watched them with amusement as the younger girl kept yelling apologies while the older one was making up creative threats.

"I would smack you to Dwarika and make sure you drown in the water around it if you don't stop right now, niyu!" Prakriti yelled.

"I can swim, dumbass!" Niyati laughed, clearly testing the waters.

"You-" as Prakriti was about to run faster she collided with a very tall, broad and hard shoulder.
"Ow." She groaned, rubbing her chin that collided with the shoulder. Her frustrated eyes came in contact with the calm honey-brown eyes of the Dharmaputra.

"Rajkumari, is everything alright? Why are you running?" He asked in confusion. Prakriti watched Niyati smirking while walking backwards very slowly.

"It's nothing. I'll talk to you later, Rajkumar." Prakriti hurried, trying to walk past him but to her dismay and shock, she felt a sudden tug on her uttariya, the fabric stretching off her shoulder. She froze and then slowly turned back towards the very flustered looking Yudhishthir.

"I apologise- I- Your..." He moved his hand up to show his armlet with which her dupatta got stuck with his armlet. Prakriti gaped slightly, as she watched the kuntiputra grow more and more flustered by every passing second trying shake off the material without touching the girl's garment. Prakriti helped him out (finally) , tugging the cloth with her nimble fingers.

As they both tried to detach the the dupatta from the armlet their fingers brushed. Prakriti couldn't believe herself when she felt the skin of her fingers tingle at the very slight touch, a big wave of something unknown flipped in her lower stomach. Her eyes flicked to meet the Prince's who was already staring at her. Their eyes stayed fix on each other for what felt like hours but then Yudhishthir snapped out of it, clearing his throat he finally detached the garment from his armlet and held it towards her.

Prakriti blinked, "yes .....uh....thank you." She smiled softly, eyes downcasted slightly. Yudhishthir nodded, clearing his throat again, he took a step back and took a breath as if he felt suffocated previously. He looked away for a second only for his eyes to widen as he was now getting stared right into his eyes by Niyati who looked heavily disgusted by what she just witnessed.

( Niyati rn: